“Awful service, Average food”

Wild Blueberry Cafe LLC
Ranked #21 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My friends and I came here for a late breakfast while staying in Ogunquit. We waited about 5 - 10 minutes to be seated, which was not an issue. However, once we were seated, it took over 10 minutes for someone to come get our drink order. Servers walked by to the other tables around us and blatantly ignored us. It seemed like they were confused about who was assigned to our table. There was a piano player in the front of the restaurant, but unfortunately we could not hear it from where we were seated.

Once someone finally came to get our order, she was not apologetic at all about the wait. I had the fruit, granola, and yogurt parfait and it was much smaller than I was expecting. Overall, the food was okay, but nothing special…and definitely not worth the wait and bad service. I wouldn't return if I visit Ogunquit again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I see why this spot was voted BEST in the area, wonderful atmosphere, outstanding service and exceptional FOOD, delicious! We stayed in the area and had breakfast and dinner here, both fabulous! What a gem! Thank you!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We chose the spot in search of Lobster Benedict, which I wanted to try while in Maine. The meal was nice, but we experienced just terrible service. Be resigned to European-style service and portions if you give it a try. The Blueberry coffee for sale smelled great and was worth a try.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

While vacationing in Ogunquit, I researched all the breakfast places. Wile Blueberry came up often as a great place. I was able to get a great table by the window, and enjoyed a wonderful meal of what the call "Irish Eggs Benedict." It's their version of poached eggs/hash and hollandaise sauce. The corned beef hash was actually a wonderfull cut of cooked corned beef, shredded and piled up high on two big english muffins. I was hungry that morning, but there was so much food (the portions are big), that I could only eat half of it. Coffee is delicious as well. Service was good, although it did take some time for the waitress to come back and take my payment/check, and give me change. (They were not busy, so after a while I did end up having to keep looking around for someone to finally come over.) Other than that, it was very good and i would recommend it.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Every year we go to the Wild Blueberry Cafe and are generally satisfied but bring your own butter. Their butter tasted horrible, like whipped shortening - no taste, just fat. It ruined my pancakes and an English Muffin. If the Manager sees this review, I beg you to change your "butter." Your lobster dishes are superb - very sweet and not salty. Your corned beef hash is wonderful. My husband loves it. I expect greatness from you - just change the butter please!

Also, bring your own real Maple Syrup bottle because the extremely small jar is $2.00, barely enough to cover two bites of pancake.