“Amazing new Thai cafe in Ogunquit”
Review of So Zap

So Zap
Ranked #31 of 102 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

So Zap has absolutely stupendous Thai food. Its location is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Ogunquit but it's actually very close to everything. The food is well worth it! Delicious Thai food that is full of flavor and cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party of 12 had an excellent dish. And you have the option of adjusting the spice level on every dish. This is a brand new place and the waiters try very hard to please. They are friendly and explain the dishes and are quite patient, even with large parties with small children. I would wholeheartedly recommend So Zap for your next trip to Ogunquit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a fun little place with great food and bar drinks. We were tired of seafood and were looking for something a little different; Thai food fit the bill. So Zap is a relatively new place, and because of that, there were only a few online reviews; although there weren't many reviews, the ones that were posted were uniformly good, so we thought we'd take a chance. Boy, were we glad we did. The service was excellent - our waitress was very attentive while she bantered with us. The food was prepared with high-quality ingredients and great attention to detail. The bar turned out excellent drinks for our table; when a member of our party mentioned she was interested in a particular drink but didn't like one of the ingredients, our waitress volunteered that the bar tender would gladly use something else as a substitute for that one ingredient - he did, and the drink turned out very well. This is a family-run place and everyone who works here takes great pride in their work. Go, and have a good time.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

As noted in earlier reviews, I'm a frequent, somewhat jaded, business traveler. I've eaten Thai food all over the nation. So Zap is one of those rare gems - a little restaurant that does it right. There's nothing fancy here except the food. You can eat on the porch or inside; it won't matter since the food and service will excel.
After the first meal, we knew we would be back another night for while in Ogunquit. We had four different appetizers: the Tom Kha Gai soup, and two different entrees. Every one was perfection. Tom kha gai is one of my favorite soups and I've had it good and bad in other places; this was excellent. Brussels Sprouts may not sound like a good appetizer, but don't miss them, even if you don't usually like them. I'm not a fan of mussels and cringed a bit when my companion ordered them to share, but they were amazing. These were quite simply the best I had ever had. It was so good, we kept the curried sauce they were served in to put over the rice in our entree. Spectacular! The crab cakes were crispy on the outside and meaty on the inside. The entree special - lobster Panang curry - was a surprise, a whole lobster (1 1/2 pounds at least) with curried vegetables, but nicely cracked for easy extraction of the meat! The gluten free Pad Thai was delicious. The waitstaff were friendly and very efficient. This is now my favorite Thai restaurant in the nation.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The food was delicious. They are more than helpful at accommodating different dietary needs of our group from vegan to gluten free to a nut allergy. The food and drinks were delicious, the wait staff friendly and efficient, and the bartender, Joe, was sociable and skilled.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stopped into So Zap on Sunday after hearing the awesome people of mekhong Thai were opening a new place in town. Lets start with my first impression. I have never felt more welcome from a staff at a restaurant. The people who work there are friendly and extremely enthusiastic. Now we will move on to the cocktails. I started with a "tea" it was made with mekhong Thai whiskey and very refreshing. After that, on recommendation from the bartender Penny (an absolutely lovely woman) a ginger beer which she made herself with a Myers floater, equally delicious and refreshing. Finally the food....we ordered pretty much every appetizer on the menu. Everything was delicious but I have to say my favorites were the sausages, bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped enoki mushrooms (genius), lemongrass chicken skewers, and the spicy papaya salad. The cocktails on the menu are a perfect match with any dish they serve. This is the perfect place to hang out and enjoy some top notch food and cocktails in an incredibly chill atmosphere with an outstanding staff, can't wait to go again. Keep up the good work!

2  Thank Jameson1975

Been to So Zap? Share your experiences!