“Excellent! Eat here!”

Dining options: Reservations
Ogunquit, Maine
“Excellent! Eat here!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Fresh, local take on Thai, I loved it. Some of the best Thai food I have had which was a very nice surprise. The wait staff was fantastic- super friendly, helpful, attentive- made for a nice experience. We almost ate here twice on our trip it was so good.

Only con was no parking.

Visited August 2014

Glen Gardner, New Jersey
“Nice change to the usual scene.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

At first was disappointed to see Tapas on the Square was now Thai but after one meal I was hooked. Dined there three times during my stay. My one negative comment would concern the drink specials......too sweet....they can be toned quite a bit. The vegetarian choices were excellent and dessert was simple but delicious. Don't miss a chance to dine here.

• Visited July 2014
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We vacation in Ogunquit often, and my wife and I always get at least one dinner out by ourselves. This year we chose So Zap because it was new and we both love Thai. We were seated right away and ordered some drinks and apps. Some of their drinks are a little too sweet, which is probably the only bad thing I can say about the visit.

We had Bags of Gold and some dumplings for appetizers and they were delicious.

For our entrees, my wife had some Panang Curry and I had a special of Crispy Duck in Choo Chee curry. Both dishes were excellent and I practically licked the plate. You are able to adjust the spice level of any dish on a scale of 1-5. I love spicy food so I tried a 4. It had a great kick without a crazy burn.

I wish we had saved room for dessert because the ice creams sounded amazing.

We would definitely go again. For the amount of food we had plus the drinks, the bill was very reasonable.

• Visited August 2014
Portland, Maine
“Excellent food and a nice outside deck.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I were coming home from a day in Portsmouth and were driving up Rt1 looking for a place to have dinner. We parked nearby with the intention of going to a pizza place and walked by So Zap and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with the service and the food. I had a special, which was Crispy Salmon with Ginger Sauce, and it was excellent. Lisa had the Pad Thai and also loved it. The drinks were good too. I will keep this place in mind when in the area again.

• Visited August 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Nice change in a seafood area”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here, finding it as an alternative to all the wonderful seafood we've been eating in Ogunquit. Started with 2 great appetizers, their roasted brussel sprouts and their yummy and unique chive dumplings. Entrees were pad Thai and a green curry chicken, which were very good. Had the Thai tea ice cream with brownie crust cookies to finish it off, which was really good. Decor was nice, informal. Same for the service, which was friendly though not as smooth or organized as it could have been.

Visited August 2014