“Great hosts, location and price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yardarm Village Inn

Yardarm Village Inn
Ranked #10 of 27 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hosts, location and price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I have been coming to the Yardarm Village Inn for five years. We always enjoy the room, locations, hosts and breakfast. Bev and Scott are always so friendly and accommodating. We love the close proximity to Perkin's Cove and the Marginal Way, as well as the not-too-far walk to the Ogunquit Beach (though, it might be too far if you've got tons of stuff to carry or if you have children). The wine and cheese shop is also very convenient. We're already talking about going back next year, I can't recommend this place enough - a truly great B&B stay!

Room Tip: Room 9 has a separate entrance from the porch, it's very quiet and cozy!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank curlyk2006

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We chose the Yardarm sight unseen to stay at for my wedding, and my family filled up all of the rooms as well. From the beginning, the owners were so nice, I had called to see if they can serve the muffins early on Sunday (day of the wedding), and they were very accommodating. The place was nice, and even though it was a bed and breakfast, it didn't feel like someone's house or something. The rooms were clean, with a country-feel, and the porch was a great place to hang out with everyone there. The Yardarm was also really close to the ocean walk, and close to fun shops. It was great, I would highly recommend it to groups, or couples looking for a nice place to stay in the Ogunquit area. I put a "1" for the pool, because it didn't have one or a fitness center, but with the ocean right there, who needs one? It's a bed and breakfast, not a resort. If you want swanky, pay the 350 a night. Also, I have a tempurpedic bed at home, so any hotel/inn bed I sleep in isn't as good, which is why I docked them a point for sleeping, but it really was quite comfortable. Overall though, EXCELLENT.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife has been going to Maine for most of her life. She first chose this B&B because her parents had always went there. Well, now it was my turn. From the moment we arrived at this beautiful Inn I felt right at home. The Inn keepers Scott and Beverly greeted us and treated us like family throughout our stay. It didn't matter that we came a little early in the day. We were told our room was clean and ready to go. My wife had picked suite number seven. It had a king size bed with a nice cozy sitting room included. Everything in the room was spotless and neat. From the soft bed linnens to the over stuffed couch pillows. The bathroom was a nice size too. It came with fluffy over sized towels and extra shampoo and conditioner. My wife also found some makeup removing packets that came in handy. I really liked the idea if leaving our car there every day. It was so convenient having the town within walking distance. We enjoyed having a few drinks each evening on the Inns large porch. And then walking into town for dinner or shopping. During the day we would walk a few blocks and catch the trolley and spend the day at the beach. Oh, I left one thing out. Each morning the Inn keepers would serve us the most delicious homemade blueberry muffins, fresh fruit,juice and coffee. All in all I call our stay at this B&B the total package. Now, I'm a believer too!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Sitting on the porch after a day at the beach is what I imagine for a maine holiday. A close walk to the cove and a beautiful bike path. We were well received and taken care of, our hosts even supplied fresh beach towels each day. See you next time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I have been staying here for 20 years, and it is a gem. Located near Perkins Cove the inn features clean comfy rooms, a wine shop with a great and affordable selection and a front porch where we enjoy homemade blueberry muffins each morning. Scott and Bev are extremely attentive hosts who are happy to suggest restaurants or day trip destinations if you choose to leave Ogunquit, but sometimes we just park the car and let it remain there for the trip as you can walk to most places in town. We have stayed in most of the rooms over the years and this annual destination is something we look forward to each summer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Pleasant B&B. Hosts very helpful. Good breakfast and lovely wines and cheeses. Room was a little out of date as was the bathroom but clean and comfortable. Liked the porch. Not at all sure about the golliwogs and toys though. Good location. Easy to walk everywhere

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Mechanicville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at the Yardarm to celebrate a friends birthday. Our hosts,the owners, are very nice people and are very attentive to their guests. Breakfast, delicious blueberry mffins and fresh fruit, were delicious. The 2 hr. cruise on Capt Scotts sailboat " goose" was great and very informative. I would highly recommend the Yardarm!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends