“Great sailing!”

Ranked #10 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Great sailing!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Yardarm Village Inn in Olgunquit. The inn is within short walking distance of picturesque Perkins' Cove and the lovely Marginal Way walking path. We felt a bit smug when we saw cars circling, hunting in vain for free parking or lining up to pay $10-12 for a space in a parking lot in Perkins' Cove. Our two hour sail with Scott was divine...so much more personal and fun to be the only two guests on his 26 foot "Goose" in comparison to the 10-12 tourists we saw crammed onto another sailboat. The 1:00-3:00 pm sail is a bargain at $25 per person, especially given Scott's generosity in answering our questions about Maine and sailing. Scott and Bev are gracious hosts. Scott even printed Mapquest directions for us for the next leg of our journey. Eating breakfast outside on the secluded patio and enjoying an evening glass of wine on the porch amidst colorful flowers and greenery were pleasant and peaceful interludes during our busy days. If we return to Olgunquit, we will certainly stay at the Yardarm and sail with Scott again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sunflower152

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Winchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My sister and I chose the Yardarm for our yearly sister's weekend. Rooms are clean well lit and comfy. The B&B is so warm and welcoming.
You really must experience sitting on the large beautiful porch in the white wicker oversize chairs the beautiful ferns at either end swaying gently in the sea breeze. You have to experience breakfast on the porch( Scott makes the best large blueberry muffins!) Truly.. Bev and Scott are warm and friendly. Very nice to the see the fun, banter with other guests. (Some have been coming for years!)On the side a grouping of low easy chairs for a nite by the fire with drinks or to gather with friends set in a wonderful yard with lovely flowers all around. you.
The Inn is close to walk into and around Ogunquit or go by trolley. Very reasonably priced!

Room Tip: The suite is so lovely a sitting room ,bedroom and bath you feel so pampered and just love coming ba...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey J
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I have been coming to the Yardarm Village Inn for five years. We always enjoy the room, locations, hosts and breakfast. Bev and Scott are always so friendly and accommodating. We love the close proximity to Perkin's Cove and the Marginal Way, as well as the not-too-far walk to the Ogunquit Beach (though, it might be too far if you've got tons of stuff to carry or if you have children). The wine and cheese shop is also very convenient. We're already talking about going back next year, I can't recommend this place enough - a truly great B&B stay!

Room Tip: Room 9 has a separate entrance from the porch, it's very quiet and cozy!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank curlyk2006
Cincinnati
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We chose the Yardarm sight unseen to stay at for my wedding, and my family filled up all of the rooms as well. From the beginning, the owners were so nice, I had called to see if they can serve the muffins early on Sunday (day of the wedding), and they were very accommodating. The place was nice, and even though it was a bed and breakfast, it didn't feel like someone's house or something. The rooms were clean, with a country-feel, and the porch was a great place to hang out with everyone there. The Yardarm was also really close to the ocean walk, and close to fun shops. It was great, I would highly recommend it to groups, or couples looking for a nice place to stay in the Ogunquit area. I put a "1" for the pool, because it didn't have one or a fitness center, but with the ocean right there, who needs one? It's a bed and breakfast, not a resort. If you want swanky, pay the 350 a night. Also, I have a tempurpedic bed at home, so any hotel/inn bed I sleep in isn't as good, which is why I docked them a point for sleeping, but it really was quite comfortable. Overall though, EXCELLENT.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife has been going to Maine for most of her life. She first chose this B&B because her parents had always went there. Well, now it was my turn. From the moment we arrived at this beautiful Inn I felt right at home. The Inn keepers Scott and Beverly greeted us and treated us like family throughout our stay. It didn't matter that we came a little early in the day. We were told our room was clean and ready to go. My wife had picked suite number seven. It had a king size bed with a nice cozy sitting room included. Everything in the room was spotless and neat. From the soft bed linnens to the over stuffed couch pillows. The bathroom was a nice size too. It came with fluffy over sized towels and extra shampoo and conditioner. My wife also found some makeup removing packets that came in handy. I really liked the idea if leaving our car there every day. It was so convenient having the town within walking distance. We enjoyed having a few drinks each evening on the Inns large porch. And then walking into town for dinner or shopping. During the day we would walk a few blocks and catch the trolley and spend the day at the beach. Oh, I left one thing out. Each morning the Inn keepers would serve us the most delicious homemade blueberry muffins, fresh fruit,juice and coffee. All in all I call our stay at this B&B the total package. Now, I'm a believer too!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Sitting on the porch after a day at the beach is what I imagine for a maine holiday. A close walk to the cove and a beautiful bike path. We were well received and taken care of, our hosts even supplied fresh beach towels each day. See you next time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I have been staying here for 20 years, and it is a gem. Located near Perkins Cove the inn features clean comfy rooms, a wine shop with a great and affordable selection and a front porch where we enjoy homemade blueberry muffins each morning. Scott and Bev are extremely attentive hosts who are happy to suggest restaurants or day trip destinations if you choose to leave Ogunquit, but sometimes we just park the car and let it remain there for the trip as you can walk to most places in town. We have stayed in most of the rooms over the years and this annual destination is something we look forward to each summer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple