“Another Wonderful Evening at Angelina's”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Burlington, MA
“Another Wonderful Evening at Angelina's”
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I found Angelina's highly recommended on Trip Advisor just about a year ago and I must admit that one of our little Granddaughter's is named Angelina...we all love Italian so why not...we can't say enough good about our experiences there.

Our first visit was end of May last year to surprise our friend for her birthday...what a delightful restaurant...the food and the service were absolutely superb...we wrote in Trip Advisor that next time we were in the area "We'll Be Back".

And we were...our second visit was a night last week for our friends (her husband) birthday...another delightful evening. The food and the service were again superb...from the appetizer to the dessert every thing was simply delicious.

We really need to travel to Ogunquit more often!

2 Thank Travelers09

new milford,ct
“perfect in every way”
Reviewed 10 April 2010

we found Angelina's by chance in august of 2009. from the front door greeting we felt welcomed and special! our server was knowledgeable of the entire menu and guided us through a perfect dinner. the atmosphere and the attention to detail was just what we needed for a special night . we are so looking forward to returning in august 2010

2 Thank jeffreyiriish
South Yorks
“Wish we'd gone somewhere else”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This place was recommended and so we tried it being as we didn't know the area too well. The food was not cheap, but it was OK. The staff were friendly enough, but a little over-bearing (eg, asking if everything was alright a number of times and taking plates away before we had all finished). We felt slightly intimidated when the waitress asked us for a bigger tip at the end of the meal. We had given 10% but she said that due to low wages she expected 15-20%. Don't think we would go there again, but to be fair the place was OK - tidy, clean and OK food.

Massachusetts
“The owner needs a course in how to talk to patrons!!!!”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

As far as the food at Angelina's it is absolutely great!!!....but ....the owner/chef Dave needs to know how to talk to people and his staff!!....We've have been in their many times because of the food only!!!.....We've been in their as a couple, and as a foursome and part of a group too...BUT.....the one thing we feel is the owner is not able to handle things professionally. As a group we watched the owner stand by our table while our waiter was taking our orders...the owner stood there with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face....after our waiter had taken our orders (there were 20 of us) we heard the owner say to him " did you ask them if they wanted salad?"......And the waiter had asked us.)....That was our first encountered with him......Then another evening we did not have reservations and we were made to feel like we committed a huge mistake....He kept saying this restaurant is a Reservation only restaurant.....We were able to have a table.......Then another time myself and a friend went their late afternoon and their was no one in the restaurant....again the owner met us and asked if we had reservations? We said "no" and he said well we don't have any openings......As we look around we said but there is no one here...His response was " we have reservations!!!".....So we turned to walk out and then he says "well I can give you a table for 2 if you can eat within a half hour!!!!...We looked at him and said...No thank you and left!!! Recently the weekend of Jan 1 2010 We went for dinner and the weather was snowy, and not having many restaurants open agreed to go again figuring this time maybe their would be no management problems.....We were a party of 4 this time and when we pulled into the parking lot, our husbands let us out near the door as it was snowing and we proceeded to go inside and immediately we heard the owner yelling at his staff...they can't park there!!!.....Go tell them......then the owner ask us if the car was ours and we said our husbands were parking the car......our husbands came in, and it was them they were yelling at.....They told us they were yelled at from across the parking lot....The place they were parking at was in front of another restaurant within the same parking lot and it was closed. So they figured no problem and no signs saying not to park there.....Well again the owner was visibly upset.....That night we were able to get a table (without reservations)and again the food was great. My husband now refuses to go there because of the owner.....The waiters and the waitresses are excellent. As we were leaving the restaurant that evening there was a couple sitting next to us and I asked them if they had reservations and they said "Yes we did " and I said to them ..."I thought we were put out here because we did not have reservations and their reply was.... "We know why you would think that , Dave has attitude, but we love the food so we ignore his attitude"....

We cannot keep ignoring his "rude" attitude even for the excellent food. Our suggestions is since he is Chef/owner maybe he should stay in the kitchen until he can learn how to speak to the public without being rude and inconsiderate!! There are more excellent restaurants in Ogunquit and you don't see or get that type of attitude!!

1 Thank Wez7
arechos, owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this review, 28 February 2010
First I would like to thank you for giving the restaurant 5 stars...our food is "absolutely great!!" which you wrote. We strive to use only the freshest ingredients and local seafood all the time. I would love to address your comments. First, I have NEVER stood over a server while guests are ordering, I am way to busy running the host station to take time to do that, especially for a table of 20, that takes a lot of time. If you were in fact a party of 20, I only put my best of the best servers on that table, so there would be no need for me to ask a question about ordering salads. Now with regards to reservations, you may come in early, at 5 pm, and it may not occur to you that at 5:45-6pm, we are fully booked. So what guests are confused about is, they see an empty restaurant at that time, and have no idea what the next 45 mins to hour is booked for. And usually guest then have a bad attitude because they cannot get seated.So I always tell guests to make reservations all the time. Now as for going outside after you and telling you I would give you a table but you have to be done in a half hour, well that would also be something I would NEVER do or say. Now lets get to the main reason why this review is being posted! Parking...and I remember these guests and this situation clearly. YOU PARKED YOUR CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT, BLOCKING AN ENTIRE EXIT WAY!! Now if you have eaten here "many times" like you said then you should know where to park your car, and how the parking lot is set up. Your husbands were frustrated because they parked wrong, and had to move their vehicle. As for asking the table next to you if they had a resveration, well, I find that VERY STRANGE, and I think most people do not really interact with other tables around them, especially to ask if they had a reservation or not. I am sorry if you feel I spoke to you in a "rude" manner, that is how I speak, I am direct, to the point, and a no non sense kind of person. If you were frustrated that it was a snowy night and you had to go back out move your vehicle then I do not see why other comments that are untrue be made here. I do commend you for writing that we do have great food and servers because that is VERY TRUE...where most reviewers lie about that part of their experience. We do hope you try us out again.
David ChefOwner
Boston, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, friendly, professional staff and beautiful setting.”
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Angelina's has become a weekly (and often more than weekly) stop for my family. The extensive menu and nightly specials provide a variety that keeps you coming back. We often start our night by saying, "That meal was so good last time, I need to try something new to see if it can beat it." From pasta to seafood, meat dishes and beyond, we have not been disappointed. The restaurant is a delight - very warm and welcoming. You feel like you are dining, not just eating. The staff deserves kudos too for thier friendliness, professionalism and attentive nature. They are the icing on the cake and add to an enjoyable night.

1 Thank missingmaine