“Perfect little place”
Review of Leisure Inn

Leisure Inn
Ranked #23 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We decided to do a last minute trip in late July and after calling several places ended up booking a room here. I had no experience with this inn, just went by a neighboring innkeepers recommendation. The room was very nicely appointed and very clean. It was a perfect little place for an overnight getaway. The innkeepers were great as well.

Room Tip: Can't recall the room name but it was the smallest in the house, would recommend one of the larg...
3  Thank bmv1974

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just finished spending a weekend at the Leisure Inn and had an absolutely wonderful experience. From the moment we checked in, we were greeted by the warm hosts Pam and Rich, and shown to our luxurious accommodations (the lighthouse room). The room was large, bright, extremely clean with a small fridge, small flat screen TV, small sitting area and a PRIVATE bathroom! The furniture had a feeling of being high end which was in stark contrast to all the other B&Bs I have stayed in in the past that have that "grandma's cottage" feel. The breakfast is also a very pleasant surprise. It stated on the website that it was a complete breakfast and it truly was (no bait and switch here) - everything from fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, juices, coffee, bacon and eggs made to order - again a first at a B&B for me as I was expected just coffee and out of a box danishes that I have become accustomed to at other B&Bs in NH and VT.

Again everything about this place makes it easy to relax, just pull in, park you car, and be on vacation. I didn't need to go to my car my entire stay, they have everything there (beach chairs you can take which was great as I had forgotten to pack ours). It is a short walk to the beach which at first I was skeptical about as I wanted to stay right on the water, but we found ourselves enjoying the quiet walk down School St and getting familiar with the town's shops and restaurants. By the end of the trip I was happy to give up the mass crowds at the beach to be able to sit on the Leisure Inn's porch and watch the world go by. After the salt water air and lively nights at The Front Porch had worn us out the bed in the Lighthouse room was exceptionally comfortable and if I wasn't for the smell of bacon cooking in the morning I may have not been able to get out of it.

We would definitely return to the Leisure Inn in this beautiful little town. We saw some other interesting looking B&Bs in town and would like to try them as well but fear we would be let down (as has so often been the case prior to this stay). We can't wait to return next summer.

Room Tip: They have rooms with private deck and entrance which are a rare find in B&Bs
4  Thank KJeff731
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have been going to Oqunquit for years! My GF and I decided on a whim to head up to Ogunquit for the weekend and boy were we lucky the Leisure Inn had a room! This place is beautiful. Extremely warm & friendly owners! The only Inn I have ever stayed at that treats you truly like family. Incredible breakfast every morning! Not your typical Muffins and pastries. The rooms are unreal! We asked the owners to show us around and as people checked out we were allowed to peak at the other rooms. Let me tell you, we will be back often as every room is 5 star! Clean, airy, bigger than most B&B rooms I have been in. This place is close to EVERYTHING! Literally a 3-5 minute walk to downtown and all the restaurants. 7-10 minute walk (Which is beautiful) to the beach. The owners here also know EVERYONE! Everytime we need a recommendation for dinner, Pam would give us the options and once we decided, she was on the phone making us a reservation. Unreal. We have already booked 3 nights in late August. It's not often we stay at the same place twice. I can easily say, this is the only place we will stay moving forward when we go to Ogunquit. Hats off to you Leisure Inn! It;s nice to see there are still people out there that love and take pride in their business and go above and beyound to be the best. See you in August!

Room Tip: I can honestly say after seeing all the rooms, I would stay in any of them. But if I had my pick, t...
4  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have stayed at The Leisure Inn every summer for the past 9 years and have never had a less than fabulous experience. The few times I've stayed elsewhere in Ogunquit due to no vacancy at The Leisure, I am constantly reminded why this place is the best B&B Ogt has to offer. The attention to detail is unmatched by the other places I've stayed in town.

The inn itself is quintessentially New England and truly feels like home. The gorgeous piano in the livingroom is one of my favorite touches and if you're lucky, you may catch one of the talented pianists from The Front Porch (friends of the owners) playing on any given day. I have stayed in every guest room and have enjoyed them all - each equipped with the most comfortable mattress, pristine linens, luxurious quilts, and extra fluffy towels. I have never felt so pampered!

Breakfast is fantastic and I'm always excited to see what Pam has cooked up for the morning. After poor experiences at The Egg & I and Cafe Amore, I wouldn't bother going anywhere else for breakfast. Pam's scrambled eggs are somehow fluffy and simultaneously creamy - I've never had better. Oh, and the bacon with the brown sugar? The vanilla-cinnamon french toast? The Belgian waffles? All to die for. Can't wait to go back this August!

Room Tip: King Sweetie, Honeymoon Suite and Starbright Suite all have private decks - perfect for an afternoon...
4  Thank EastCoastQueen
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed for two nights in the honeymoon suite and couldn't have had a better experience. Pam was an incredible host, making us feel at home the minute we walked through the door. She was also extremely knowledgeable on all the local attractions and restaurants. The room was adorable, clean, and bright with lots of windows. Breakfast also did not disappoint. The first morning we were treated to Pam's "Red, White, and Blue" Belgium waffles with sliced strawberries, blueberries, bananas and whipped cream. The second morning we were lured downstairs by the wonderful smell of bacon and eggs. Ogunquit was a super cute town with beautiful ocean views and friendly people. I highly recommend staying at the Leisure Inn and am planning on going back in the future!

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite has a hot tub!
5  Thank Becca G
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to get away for a few days during my busy season. We were referred to The Leisure Inn by a friend and we were not let down at all. Immediately we were greeted by Pam who was super friendly and awesome. She gave us a little run down of Ogunquit and showed us to our room. We opted for the Honeymoon Suite for maximum relaxation and we were not disappointed. The room was huge and the balcony was great. Once we were settled in we explored the town (everything is SUPER close by) and walked along the Marginal Way and had several great meals while we stayed in Ogunquit (not to mention Pam's great breakfasts!). This was my first B&B experience and they have set the bar VERY high. I definitely recommend if you plan on travelling to Ogunquit to check out The Leisure Inn.

4  Thank Zac W
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We had a terrific stay at the Leisure Inn. Pam was a great host. The location is perfect for a visit to Ogunquit. It's located just a short walk to downtown and the beach. Beach towels and chairs were provided. The breakfast each morning was comparable to the selection we've seen in high end hotels. Aside from the hospitality my favorite thing was the luxurious linens on the bed. It was great to slip into the high thread count comfortable sheets after a long day of exploring. I would recommend this bed & breakfast to anyone visiting Ogunquit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple