“The OGT Beach Inn: The way life should be!”
Review of Ogunquit Beach Inn

Ogunquit Beach Inn
Ranked #17 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I have been a frequent guest of The Ogt. Beach Inn. I am particulary moved by the nostalgic feel of real "down Maine" vacations of my youth that the Inn evokes. It's especially great on a rainy day for relaxing and/or napping. The smell of freshly baked cookies wafting up to my room and the bowl of classic penny candy (Salt water TAFFY being my favorite) brings it all back.

Greg and Mike are perfect hosts and make you feel right at home. The rooms are cozy and quaint. Why stay at one of those sterile, cookie-cutter "resorts" along Ocean Ave. where you are addressed as a room or parking space number? The personal attention and service you will get at the OGT Beach Inn takes you back to a time when people took pride in their business and it shows.

The OGT Beach Inn: The way life should be.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed here for a weekend recently. It's a small place, (only 5 or 6 rooms), very comfortable and clean. I usually shy away from small places for fear of being closer than i want to be to other traveler's coming and going all the time, but they seem to get a nice quiet clientele. Room was bright and nicely appointed without being overdone. (Neat kitschy Maine knicknaks.) Modern bathroom, (when will b&bs put in adequate towel racks?), tv, linens. Room, linen immaculate. Bigger continental bfast was good. Greg very nice-willing to make dinner reservations, etc.. Good location. Walking distance to eveythnig. If you're looking for high-end fussy this probably isn't for you. It's a comfortable mid-range place and they do a nice job with little touches like the cookies, classical music, etc.. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank goingsolo9
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My partner and I live in California and try to visit beautiful Ogunquit whenever we're on the East Coast, but never had our experience been better than this past July, when we stayed at the Ogunquit Beach Inn for the first time. The house was charming and just a minute's walk from the town's main strip (and about a 10-minute walk from the beach). Our room was comfy, and the proprietors couldn't have been more welcoming and gracious. A daily afternoon cocktail hour was hosted by one of the proprietor's, Greg, who was friendly yet laid-back, and made sure everyone felt welcome to join in (or welcome to go off and do their own thing if they wished).

We had been in New York this summer to plan our 2012 wedding, but after our awesome stay at the Ogunquit Beach Inn we've decided to explore the idea of moving the celebration to Ogunquit (where we plan to have the wedding group at the Ogunquit Beach inn -- and save the room with the private deck for ourselves.)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Ogunquit Beach Inn is my favorite place to stay in Ogunquit. Greg and Mike are thw perfect hosts (Greg knows everything and everybody in OGT.) This may sound odd, but I love the fact that everything in the rooms smells faintly of bleach and fabric softener-- super clean! A short walk to the beach, steps from town center, I stay here a couple of times each summer.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Run, don't walk to Ogunquit and the Ogunquit Beach Inn! Greg and Mike are the best. This was my first trip ever to Maine and they treated me like a native! I can't wait to return. From the moment I arrived to the day I left, everything was perfect, no request to much for Greg and Mike to accomodate. This was my first vacation alone so I was a little unsure of what to expect. Wow, why did I wait so long to visit the Ogunquit Beach Inn. If you're traveling alone, as a couple, this is the only place to stay!

Bob Paff
Baltimore

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Motivator628
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is by far the friendliest Inn we've ever enjoyed. The rooms are very comfortable, and had that feeling of comfort and peace, the bed was comfortable and the room was squeaky clean. We were actually perfectly happy to spend a entire day lounging in our room on a Fall rainy day. Greg's incredible skill as a host makes you feel right at home, he's a wonderful guy to talk with, but also perfectly happy to give you all the space you'd like. He knows everyone and all the great restaurants and places to go... he even takes care of making reservations. We truly enjoyed Mike's banana bread in the morning with a hot cup of coffee while mingling with other friendly guests. We like the location and the accessibility to almost everything.
This is going to be our 3rd year to the Ogunquit Beach Inn. It's our "romantic" Fall get away.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have been staying at the Ogunquit Beach Inn for 10 years. Greg and Michael are consistently warm, inviting and gracious hosts. They provide a welcoming atmosphere at their Inn and are very knowledgable about activities in town including recommendations for meals, shows, plays and nightlife. The Inn and property are meticulously maintained and many extras are provided to guests such as beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cocktail bar. I would highly recommend contacting them for reservations as even if they are full they will happily direct you to other places in town that can accomodate you.

Room Tip: naughty pine, bittersuite, lighthouse room.