I had the pleasure of visiting The Anchorage By the Sea with some of my girfriends from college this past June and we simply ADORED it! I can't say enough about the excellent service, myriad of amenities, convenient/ beautiful location, and the warm, welcoming atmosphere that surrounded us during our whole stay.
First of all, the location of the hotel is unbeatable. It is literally steps away from downtown Ogunquit, the ocean, and the breathtaking Marginal Way. The rooms my friends and I stayed in were impeccably clean, new, and very spacious. As it was my first trip to Ogunquit, I was totally taken aback by the naturally stunning cliffside views of the Maine ocean right outside my hotel room! My first morning there, I went for a peaceful jog along the ocean and couldn't believe how beautifully quiet and untouched the Maine beaches were... Personally, one of my favorite things about Ogunquit is the MArginal Way, which is right next to The Anchorage by the Sea. It was wonderful to stroll alongside Maine's rocky, blueberry-patched cliffs and watch the waves crash to the shore.
Throughout the weekend, there was plenty for us to do. We received excellent recommendations for breakfast nooks, outdoor activities, seafood restaurants, and bars from the smiling, friendly, accommodating Anchorage staff. We easily walked a few minutes down the road to the charming ice cream shoppes, art stores, and restaurants that that line the streets of the downtown area. The hotel also has a great pool and a poolside cafe/bar with anything from coffee to sandwiches to frozen pina colodas. My friends and I spent a lot of time catching up and telling old stories as we laid on the hotel's collection of bright white lounge chairs next to the gazebo overlooking the beach.
I will spare you more of my gushing; but, in short, I HIGHLY recommend The Achorage by the Sea. I had a perfect weekend there with my friends and I can't wait to plan our next Maine vacation there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine