This was our fourth stay at this resort in as many years. On our last two stays my wife and I stayed in the Lightship building as it is a bit quieter than the units across the road by the ocean. We had made our reservations in advance and although we were recognized as previous guests we were put in a room that was noticeably smaller than on our previous stays. Our stay was for three nights.The room was unappealing and dark as it had only one window in the rear corner of the room. Our room had a king bed which was sagging on both sides; only the middle of the bed was still firm. We brought the bed situation to the attention of the front desk the next morning and they did put bed boards under the bed that day; however, that only made the bed marginally better. On our third day, the maid had failed to leave any bath soap. When we returned from cycling and wanted to take showers we had no soap. I called to the front desk to request new soap; two hours later it still had not arrived. I called again and the soap finally arrived. At check out I told the desk clerk that we were disappointed in our stay; he noted what we were unhappy with and said he would discuss this with the manager. The manager was in his office at this time as there was an incorrect charge on our bill at check out from the dining room that had to be removed; the desk clerk had to get the managers approval for this. I guess it was not important enough to the manager to come out and discuss our stay with us. Nor did we receive any follow up communication from the manager regarding our stay. On a positive note, the grounds of the resort are very nice and a nice leisurely place to relax. Also, a very nice pool and hot tub area. Not sure if we would stay here again; our stay this year was not up to their usual standards. Fortunately, our lodging during the rest of our two weeks in Maine was exceptional and met or exceeded our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine