We spent one night at the Anchorage By the Sea while on a trip to New England and had a very nice experience. The weather was perfect for the walk on the Marginal Way which can be accessed directly from the grounds of the hotel. The grounds are remarkably beautiful and kept in pristine shape. There was a whimisical fall display on the front lawn that captured the "Angry Birds" phenomenon with great creativity. The hotel was beautifully maintained and clean. Our room was ocean front with 2 queen beds and a nice balcony for enjoying the view of the ocean. My only complaint about the room was that there was no coffee maker. There was a small refrigerator which was nice, but for a coffee drinker, having to go to the lobby in the morning for a cup of coffee was a real inconvenience. We had dinner at the Surfside Restaurant and had wonderful food...the Lobster Stew was delicious. They had musical entertainment by 2 musicians from the Ogunquit Playhouse's cast of Miss Saigon. It was a nice touch for a fall weeknight in Maine where things are beginning to wind down for the season. We enjoyed an afternoon bottle of wine on the grounds...they have lovely adirondack chairs overlooking the ocean and the marginal way. The pool looked very nice, and there were some brave souls sunning and using the hot tubs...we didn't even think about bringing swimwear with us to New England in October! I would definitely recommend this hotel for it's convenience to the shopping in Ogunquit and the access to the Marginal Way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine