We stayed in November, we were told by friends about the arrogant reception staff (men). and we found upon arrival that what they said was true. He was more interested in getting us checked in, than discussing what might interesting us in the village even though there was no one else around. We found the room very nice. The only complaints were you had to walk across the street to get coffee and also the leaves at the front door would all blow in when you opened it and it was not cleaned for the whole time we were there. We also loved the Omellete Factory not far away, thought that was great and can't wait to go back. I think next time we come we would trying staying at the Meadowmere, we heard it was really great..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine