The Anchorage By the Sea
The Colonial Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$97
Sea Chambers Motel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$122
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$93
Terrace by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$129
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotwire.com
The Milestone(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotwire.com
Gorges Grant Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$136
US$106
TripAdvisor
1,072 results
All reviewssurf pointlightship buildingmarginal wayperkins coveocean viewindoor pooladirondack chairsoff seasonogunquit beachgrounds are beautifulthe main hotelhot tubeasy accessperfect locationshops and restaurantswalking pathpark your car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We are return vacationers at the Anchorage! So we definitely endorse this location as having outstanding accommodations and views. One thing we did notice with this trip is the misuse of reserving chairs both around the pool and on the grass. Yesterday in USA Today I read how this is also a problem on cruise ships. So industry giant, Carnival, began testing a practice (see their FB page) where stickers with the current time on deck chairs saved with towels, books, etc will be noted and after 40 minutes if the chair remains unoccupied, the staff will remove the items leaving a note for guests on where to retrieve them. The Carnival Cruise Director felt 40 minutes was a fair amount of time for guests to get up and return.

We have already made our reserved two rooms for our return family trip in 2013 and we will be interested to see if we can find chairs each day, especially around the pool. We noted many unoccuppied "saved" chairs during our week's stay and we look forward to finding some type of system implemented for next year.

Room Tip: Can't beat the ocean or pool view on the 2nd floor but if you need more than two beds or have young children, across the street serves the purpose.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank erineile
AnchorageME, Public Relations Manager at The Anchorage By the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Erineile,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor! We always love hearing our guests' feedback. I would also like to thank you for choosing the Anchorage on your trips to Ogunquit. We greatly appreciate your continued patronage.

Thank you for your compliments about our accommodations and great views. Our location truly can't be beat. We are very lucky! Thank you for your comments.

Thank you for your suggestions about our pool area. It is certainly a popular spot in the summer and we try our best to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and happy. We do try to keep an eye on chairs left unattended. That is one reason we keep pool attendants on staff through out the day. Again, thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will certainly take them into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. We always love seeing familiar faces! Have a terrific rest of your summer!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We must rate the property excellent. All of the services and amenities available are spectacular. The view and location on the marginal way are perfect. Unfortunately we had a similar experience to others with the front desk. They really give a poor first impression, very poor. The younger staff at the pool and hotel entrance when you first come on property were remarkable. We asked questions about resaurants and the area to both the front desk and the young men handing out towels etc. The young people were helpful and respectful. The adults we dealt with at the desk could not have been more disinterested or apathetic to our needs. Every time we dealt with the front desk we felt as though we were a bother. We have stayed there a few times and will again, only due to the wonderful property and enthusiastic younger staff.

Room Tip: Starboard or port if you can. Towers upstairs seems the best value.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
AnchorageME, Public Relations Manager at The Anchorage By the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Karen J,

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. We value our guests' feedback. We would also like to thank you for choosing the Anchorage on your trip to Ogunquit. We appreciate your patronage.

Thank you for the compliments about our property. I am so happy you found us to be "excellent." I am also happy to hear you were pleased with our wonderful views. We certainly have an amazing location.

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with some of our front desk staff. I understand sometimes acting too professional can come across as cold. They truly are very hard working, kind individuals. I am happy to hear you found our pool attendants to be helpful. I will certainly pass along the compliment.

It is great to hear you would stay at the Anchorage again! We would absolutely love to welcome you back on a future visit. Hopefully then we can prove to you that all of our staff members are friendly. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for a few days. I want to mention that my rating is actually between average and very good. There were so many great things this hotel complex had going
on...the room was wonderful, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the grounds were beautiful, and the pool area was fantastic! The downside was the guy at the front desk was too
business-like and when I just asked him a couple of questions, he was not very friendly. He didn't even crack a smile. I was not impressed with this! Also, worth mentioning... our room was above a garage so when it opened frequently; it was somewhat disruptive.
There was also no coffee machine in the room but this is, by no means, a deal-breaker. All in all,
I would come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melanie B

Dear Melanie B,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing the Anchorage as your hotel of choice on your recent trip to Ogunquit.

Thank you for your lovely compliments on our grounds, rooms and pools. We actually just renovated our pool this past winter so it's great to hear our guests are enjoying it!

I would like to apologize you found one of our front desk staff members to be unfriendly. I understand how acting too professional can come off as cold. I assure you all of our front desk staff are truly kind people.

I would also like to apologize about the garage door below your room. You were, unfortunately, in a very unique location. We have since notified our maintenance staff about the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am happy to hear you would come back and stay with us again in the future. We would love to have you back and provide you with the perfect vacation. Until then, enjoy the rest of your summer!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The way life should be on vacation. A beautiful, well maintained property with breathtaking views and excellent service all around, from the front desk to housekeeping. Excellent breakfast & lunches. The excellent service even extended to our children ages 10 & 8. we sent them to the snack bar and they were treated as they should have been, like guests.
The pool area was clean and enjoyable with plenty of towels.

We will be return to this property any chance we get. We loved it !!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms with give a much better view than the 1st floor ones.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sah1790
AnchorageME, Public Relations Manager at The Anchorage By the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Sah1790,

Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Anchorage on your trip to Ogunquit.

I would like to thank you for your kind compliments about our property and excellent staff. We absolutely love hearing these kinds of comments. As you mentioned each department is made up of some wonderful and hardworking individuals. It is so nice to hear their efforts don't go unnoticed.

I am happy to hear you would stay with us again on a future visit! We would love to welcome you back anytime of the year! Please enjoy the rest of your summer and come back and see us again soon.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Anchorage by the sea is location in a great spot on the ocean and is walking distance to perkins cove and to the town center. This about all they have going for them. They charged us $300 for one night which is outrageously expensive; the rooms are comparable to that of a Holiday Inn. I get it, its all about location but man that is pricey. The worst part is that we got no sleep. The walls are PAPER thin. When we went to bed at 11pm we could hear every word of the TV on in the room next door. At 2am an alarm clock in the room went off. Very unpleasant. At 6am we were woken again by the people upstairs; sounded like there was a horse race above us. For $300 at the very least I expect is to get a good nights rest. I mentioned this to the front desk; they seemed used to the complaint and didn't volunteer any sympathy. There are plenty of other hotels on the water in Ogunquit. I strongly suggest staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Annabanana86

Dear Annabanana86,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. We appreciate you giving us a try on your trip to Ogunquit.

We do wish you had brought some of your concerns to our attention before checking out. We have staff on 24/7 for the comfort of all of our guests. It is only to our benefit that all of our guests are comfortable and happy. All concerns and requests are taken very seriously. When we receive noise complaints we deal with them as quickly and effectively as possible. It is difficult for us to remedy a situation we are not aware of. We do apologize your alarm went off so late. We have since reminded our housekeeping staff to be sure to check them after each guest checks out.

Again we thank you for choosing the Anchorage on your recent trip. We wish you nothing but the best on your future travels. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Best Regards,