We frequently visit Ogunquit, Maine and have stayed at the Anchorage many times. The biggest feature is the location of this hotel - walking distance to town, Marginal Way and the beach. The grounds are beautiful and there is an indoor and outdoor pool with a Jacuzzi. The rooms are refurbished and nice but the amenities are lacking. There is no coffee pot, the towels are thin and a makeup mirror would be nice.
We stay in the oceanfront rooms which is there premier rooms. On our last visit this April, the carpet had a big stain and there were stains on the throw on the bed. I informed Management but there was no real action taken other than removing the throws.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine