The hotel is right alongside the Marginal Way, has beautiful views out over the water, and is within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants. Other members of our group used the indoor pool and the outdoor hot tub, and thought they were great. Most of our party had rooms with really good sea views. My mother in law had a bit of difficulty with the step up to the front door of her room, which was quite high. But later we saw that another room had a wooden ramp, so presumably this is available to borrow during your stay, if you are not as agile as you used to be. The wireless internet didn't work in our room, the signal was too weak. We had a very nice meal in the restaurant. I had a good time and I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine