We made last minute reservations for a one night stay. This was a stop over point on our trip to Acadia. The lady at the reservation desk was very helpful and found us a room with an ocean view.
When booking I thought that this place was a bit pricy @ $277.00 for one night King size bed.
When arriving we noticed the place was booked solid but still very quiet. Lacking were groups of teenagers and loud guests. Guests seemed to be either mature individuals or young parents with very small children.
The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, with TV, small fridge, a safe, and a small table. The grounds were also spotlessly clean, nicely landscaped and there was ample parking. Although we were on the second floor I could park my vehicle right in front of our room, which always gives me a feeling of security.
Each room has a semi private balcony where there are 2 chairs and a small table.
The resort features an indoor and outdoor pool, 2 hot tubs, a bar, a kids pool, 2 gazebos, and lots of chairs for lounging around and soaking up some sun.
An on site restaurant was a must as I had just driven for 6 hours and did not want to drive somewhere to eat. Their restaurant did not disappoint and in fact was top notch. I had sirloin tips in a tequila sauce, rosemary potatoes and veggies served in a slightly sweet garlic butter sauce. My wife had a lobster scampi which she raved about. The portions were good and the quality was excellent. You can tell the kitchen is run by someone who cares about the end product. My wife also had desert and a drink. I had a beer and a cognac for desert. They were very generous when pouring the cognac (certainly not the 1 ½ ounces we get back home in the New York area).
We would rate this dinner as an excellent meal…and all this for $65.00!!!!
There is also free coffee and tea in the lobby any time you needed it.
Although our stay was only one night the experience was perfect with nothing to really be dissatisfied about. The staff were always friendly and helpful.
One hint, if you stay at Anchorage by the sea. Don’t sleep in late. Get out of bed before sunrise and go down to the gazebo and set up your camera. The view of the sun rise over the Atlantic ocean is stunningly beautiful. If you are not into photography just go with your significant other and sit together and watch mother nature start another day.
You will not miss the extra sleep and you will be rewarded with a spectacular view and a memory that will last a life time.
So what seemed a bit pricy at first turned out to be worth every penny. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine