“Atmosphere and Character which Helps the Food”
Review of JJ's Eatery Too

JJ's Eatery Too
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is underneath where the Whitehall Club used to be. I remember going there with other jerk buddies to listen to Rush sing "I got the Music in Me" and other 70's pop trash. Ahh those were the days. 18 year olds could legally get smelly drunk and, less legally, drive around OOB and catcall out windows. Back to the restaurant. It is a good place to go. I take my mother here whenever I come to town. She insists, even though it is hard for an older person to walk from the parking lot into the establishment. You have too walk over a bunch of construction rocks or fresh mud. Sometimes they charge in the parking lot. And I mean charge. The attendant runs out to your car as if you were going to park and escape before giving him his five bucks. So, the place serves dynamite beach food. Try the lobster rolls. They are generous with the portions. The bread is overflowing with meat. There are other entrees, too. They have a troubadour there who sings mostly Dylanesque protest songs. I know I have been talking more about the atmosphere than about the food, but then it is the setting and character that somehow makes the food more appealing. The place is a little cramped, but as the other reviewers wrote, the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

There was a guitar player/singer on the night we stopped by - making it enjoyable. Very friendlly people (even the owner came up and talked to us at length). Food was good. Homemade soups.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Went here for a quick dinner. Seat yourself. There is indoor and outdoor seating. Friendly, quick service and decent prices. You can add a salad bar to you dinner for $3.95. It was fresh and fully stocked. Our meal came fast and was hot when it arrived.There were 8 specials offered besides their regular menu. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a fancy restaurant but is one that the locals seemed to flock to...and for good reason!! The lobster dinners were great and there was live entertainment. Probably more importantly -- the customer AND the staff were incredibly friendly and it seemed like one big happy family. We had a group of 12 and were accepted and made to feel really welcome by everyone. It was an experience that I have not had in a long time. If we ever are able to go back to Old Orchard Beach, we would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

JJ's was recommended to us by a local and they did not disappoint. We left full and satisfied. Service was quick and efficient while still being kind. Just wish we were in Old Orchard Beach long enough to try another meal here. Everything was fresh made - nothing frozen.

Definitely stop by here for a meal!

1  Thank Tbrucie