“Always good!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain's Galley Restaurant - CLOSED

Captain's Galley Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Williamstown, Vermont
“Always good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have eaten at Captain's Galley a few times. Each meal we have had has been good and very filling! This time was no exception. My husband had the Captain's Platter and could not finish everything. I had the seafood stuffed scallops and they were amazing.

• Visited May 2014

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

As a kid, 2-3 decades ago I remember going to this restaurant with my parents! I had good memories about it! At the begenning of march I decide to go to OOB for a winter weekend getaway with my girlfriend and by staying at the Edgewater they gave us a 30$ voucher for this restaurant! We went there on a saturday night around 6:30pm

As I passed thru the door I realised how this place was outdated!! They gave us a table in the back of the restaurant where we were almost alone with zero atmosphere!

The only thing I really wanted was to eat a good lobster.... believe it or not, a "so-called" seafood restaurant... in Maine had no whole lobster on the menu in the low season!!! only a kind of lazy man lobster with stuffing and it was served cold!!

I'll never go back to this place!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank justindesilets
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Best avoided.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The owners are petty and do not stand behind their food. We have been served spoiled scallops, and haddock with the skin still attached. I even wrote a formal letter of complaint and received no response. They are not apologetic.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank AlliecatOOB
Portland, Maine
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

While vacationing in the area, we found the Captain's Galley listed in our Portland Dine Around Club book. We elected the 2/$25 dinner option, which didn't allow us to use our Dine Around, but was a great value for the money. Wonderfully prepared stuffed haddock and steak tips. Could not have been better. Great service, very personable server. Fun little extra was being given a key to try to open the treasure chest when exiting. Would definitely return.

• Visited February 2014
Saco, Maine
“not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went for the Birthday twelve dollar discount on a Tuesday evening. We knew this was a family eatery that closes at 8:30 so we went at 6:30. We had a reservation and there was only one other table occupied so there was no wait. The waiter was obviously a fill in . He had a dirty T shirt for his uniform. They could at least put a smock on him OR SOMETHING ! He was pleasant but unprofessional. I got the prime rib. It was happily cooked correctly BUT cold and flavorless. They had tried to warm i up and give it flavor by bathing the plate with a cheap Auj Jus. The burger and fries was passable.

• Visited October 2013