“One of my favorites”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
rochester ny
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great service and key lime martinis. Always a great meal. We have been to the Landmark 5 times and look forward to our next visit.

Visited July 2013

MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We ate here twice since we stayed almost right across the street. The first time we ate inside and since it was late we only had a salad and soup. The lobster soup was excellent and my wife was very happy with her salad. The second time we ate here we ate outside which has a different menu. We ate the 2 for $19.95 lobster special, Very good!

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ninja Waiter”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were seated promptly but waited almost 10 minutes before our server arrived. By this point we knew our order . Server came never offering apology for wait. We ordered our food (3 entrees ) plus an app to share. He seemed annoyed when we didn't order cocktails but just diet sodas. W had enough to drink at the Pirate Patio on the beach which is a hidden gem! We watched our server talk to the next table with our bread basket in hand for 3 minutes before he tossed it on our table as he was running to greet the party of 8 at the next table. He delivered our food stopping by near the end of our meals to check on us. We had to ask a busser for a bowl to discard our mussel shells. He offered a drink refill at the end of our meal. He did come back to offer an apology for the unattenti w service claiming he was "like a ninja all night, so busy". To cap off the horrible experience he messed up our bill. When the hostess approached us to accept the bill as is we expressed our dissatisfaction but she was more annoyed that she had to fix our bill. Never an apology. I have been to the landmark before with great food/service but this experience will stay with me forever .

1 Thank Lauxee612
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Best sit down Rest in OOB”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have eaten at the Landmark for 10 plus years. We go there once every season. The food is very good and the service is excellent.

The only complaint I have is they have a menu for the outdoor seating and one for the indoor seating. A few times I wanted something on the outdoor menu but because we ate indoors they would not serve it to us. I don't understand it. Why not say sure but it cost x dollars more. This is a small thing but it really bugs me. My wife is always cold so we have to sit indoors. If they changed this I would give them 5 stars.

1 Thank WisconsinBaderFan
Foxboro, MA
“A gem in OOB”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This restaurant is great! The building is a converted Victorian house with all it's charm intact. The menu has interesting choices. We had fish cooked perfectly, served piping hot. The vegetables were a very different combination of root vegetables and greens. Hot baguette and butter to nibble on before the meal. Didn't have room for dessert. One of my new area favorites!