“Great Restaurant”
Review of Landmark

Landmark
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Casco, Maine
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The food was excellent. The portion sizes were good. The atmosphere is very friendly. It is located very near the beach. Had it's own parking

Visited June 2014

Boston
“Not bad but fell a little short.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The wife and I spent the night at Old Orchard Beach over a long weekend. We were looking around for a place to eat that wasn't fast food or pub food and came across the Landmark. We were seated right away to a cozy table for 2 which was nice. We both ordered the same thing, French Onion soup and the Mixed Grill. The French Onion soup was very good. Instead of the usual bread on the top it was a huge biscuit. The Mixed Grill entrée (steak tips, ribs, sausage) was not quite up to what we thought it would be. The ribs were on the fattier side, the steak tips were not too bad and the sausage was nice and spicy. The French Fries that came with it were like they were fried in old oil. They just didn't have a good taste to them.

We were expecting a little more upscale of a dish for what we paid. The wait staff were fabulous and very attentive. Maybe our experience would have been a little better if we would have ordered a different entrée.

The wine list had a very good variety and they also have a full bar and drink list.

• Visited June 2014
Nassau, NY
“Annual dinner with the Payettes.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Debbie and I make the trip to Old Orchards EVERY year right after Labor Day. We have dinner at the Landmark the Friday evening of our week long stay. I has become a tradition. The atmosphere is relaxed and cozy. The menu is varied and not a bad dish in a car load. The wine list will satisy even the most discriminating pallet. The wait staff are all friendly and personable. We have our favorite waiter of course, David, who always amuses us with his stories and ancedotes. For a tremendous meal at at very reasonable price, the Landmark is a must on your dining places to go. Mike & Debbie Garner, Nassau, NY

• Visited September 2013
Maine
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love the Landmark. They have a great selection of unique cocktails and dishes as well as a terrific wine list. The rosemary chicken entree is my absolute favorite! The only problem is they are not open year round. Can't wait until they open again in April.

• Visited October 2013
Lewiston, Maine
“I needed a civilized dining experience...”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

As one is wont to do when visiting Old Orchard Beach, I walked down to the pier to have some French fries, along with fried clams and slaw. It was challenging to find a place to sit that was not covered in seagull poop. Just as I was finishing my meal, a little girl holding her slice of pizza was attacked by said gulls who stole her pie right out of her hands! I had a few fries left over and was heading towards the beach in the hopes of drawing the greedy flying piggies away from the street area, when they jet-bombed me, knocking my lunch box out of my hands too! Felt like Alfred Hitchcock should be nearby. The following evening, I decided that I wanted a different dining experience and chose the Landmark. Perfect. Lovely relaxing quiet ambiance, friendly service, and excellent value. I chose one of the early bird (as opposed to dirty bird!) specials. My beef tips arrived perfectly prepared in a truly delicious wine sauce accompanied by generous portions of mashed potato and grilled vegetables, all for only $12.95. A lovely glass of red made this meal a complete success and exactly what I needed after the previous night's attack.

• Visited June 2013