“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellow Giraffe Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Yellow Giraffe Motel
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Massachusettes
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My son and I stayed at the Yellow Giraffe just for one night on August 14-15,2012. The place itself was nice and the location was great because you could walk to the beach. We payed around $112.00 for a dounle room with kitchenette. It definitely had a homey feel to it.

The only gripe I had about it wa the bathroom size. It was so small. If you sat on the toilet, your head came so close to the sink that you could lose a tooth or bang your head if you weren't careful. The shower had a very outdated showerhead and because of the small size, if you dropped anything - forget about reaching down to get it.

My son and I are average bulid and we had a problem getting in and out without hitting the sink, I can't imagine someone bigger using it. Also, when I went to dry off I lifted my leg too quickly and hit my knee on the sink.

Otherwise, the place was adequate for a nights stay near the beach. Everyone was friendly and the pool and rooms were clean. I was just glad we only stayed one night because there's no way I was going in that shower again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosella_9

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this place 3 days before the weekend we stayed. Shawna in the front desk was very helpful in leading me to the room that would fit our needs best. The price is incredibly reasonable. Cleanliness is what they "pride themselves on" and they truly live up to that statement. This is no 5 star hotel, it's a perfect place if your not high maintenance. Most reviews complained about the bathroom, yes small, but clean! We had cable tv which was a good thing since it rained all weekend! My boyfriend really appreciated the fan at the bedside ( I thought it was very thoughtful, added a touch of being at home.) the pool is pretty small, the grills are great. It's about a 7 minute walk to the beach. I was very pleased with what I payed, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Shishylove
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just spent the weekend at the Yellow Giraffe and had a great time, the owners and the staff are very friendly and always available to help you. The owners are out wiping down the tables, chairs, cleaning around the pool area, watering the plants and setting up a breakfast area for their guests to enjoy all before 7:00 am ! tell me what other motel in Old Orchard does the same for their guests. The room we had was small, but that’s because we had waited until the last minute to book and we were glad to get a room at all and at such a good price. The room was very clean, the bathroom was small but also very clean absolutely no evidence of mold anywhere, I couldn’t have even found a dust bunny if I had tried it was that clean. The pool was decent sized , it was a quiet and relaxing area to use without having to climb over people. The motel was close enough to the attractions to walk, far enough to be quiet at night. Looking forward to returning next year will book early so we have our choice of rooms Great service- Great Price

Room Tip: Book early for best choice of rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank kelley34brown
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We almost always travel on a budget so were used to staying in 2 star hotelS but this one was pretty crummy.

We booked the cheapest room they had... $80 a night. I was so happy to find such a cheap rate in July in such a tourist town. The woman repeatedly stressed on the phone that the room we were booking was very small and not recommend for 2 guests but were from New York and used to small spaces.

The size of the room is really the least of the problems. As a matter of fact the size of the room is fine, the size of the bathroom is really the issue. When you Sit down on the toilet, the sink is in your lap. The shower is ridiculous. There Is no way to wash your whole body. There is mold in the shower and on the shower curtain. There is a closet, but they chose to store a vacuum in there, so you cant really use it. Our room also faced Saco ave. so it was pretty loud all the time.

There is a pool.... albeit not heated. And the pool area is so small that they can't even fit a lounge chair, just sitting chairs.

One plus is that there are gas grills that you can use. You are pretty close to the beach as well for what you are paying. There is also a rite aid across the street which is very convenient and they sell beer and liquor!

I didn't See any of the bigger rooms so maybe they are a bit nicer.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nataliejs
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband, granddaughter and I just spent the weekend at the Yellow Giraffe. We stayed in the apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen, living room and small deck. It was very spacious and reminded me of vacations when I was a kid with the older furniture, paneling and decorations adding to the charm. It had air conditioners in each of the bedrooms, as well as in the living room along with fans in every room.

The location was great, we walked a short distance (maybe 5 minutes) to the pier, amusement park and beach (Rite Aid was right across the street). The Yellow Giraffe was very clean, parking lot across the street and small pool. We really didn't interact with the staff except for picking up our key.

Giving them an average rating is not a negative, Old Orchard Beach isn't a ritzy area. We also had the opportunity to see our friend's "suite" at the Edgewater (across the street from the beach).....room was MUCH smaller (only one room downstairs with a tiny kitchenette - two bedrooms upstairs) and directly on the train route......our room was very quiet!!

I would stay here again and have already passed along several brochures.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank VTtravelbug17
North Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Yellow Giraffe and had a wonderful time. The owners are on site and happy to help and accommodate as best they can. The rooms are small but comfortable and the bathrooms make use of every inch and are a bit cramped. The place is nice, clean and comfortable. It's just a short walk to the pier or the beach and has places across the street and next door to pick up most anything you would need. I think most rooms come with kitchenettes and there are gas grills outside you can use. It's a big help for vacationing on a budget. We'll be going back next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank timm636
quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I Like OOB for the beach and the soul of this town! It'a a real pleasant town ! I'm a french canadian and it was my first time at Yellow Giraffe.

First the room the basic, but clean. The pool is nice, the staff are great, very friendly and the service is number on..always with a smile. When there, no more car is necessary. You can walk to the downtown (beach). That's very importtant. The price for the room was the best for this location.

We will be back...for sure !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple