Yellow Giraffe Motel
Sea Cliff House Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
US$97
Crest Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$149
Sea View Inn(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$87
Beau Rivage Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Sea Drift Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$108
Hotels.com
Friendship Oceanfront Suites(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Old Colonial Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
US$120
Hotels.com
Alouette Beach Resort(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
Orbitz.com
Ocean Walk Hotel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$97
Atlantis Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$92
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Great service at the front desk! Our room was homey, very small. You had to close the door to get into the room as the bed is right at the door. The bathroom was tiny and we are a very small couple. You had to lean to the right to sit on the toilet as the sink is infront of it. The shower was updated and clean but there is no room to step out of the shower. The sink was horrible, the taps are worn out and drip all night long and the calking behind the tap has little hairs from what I assume is various people shaving stuck in it. There is no maid service. You place your dirty towels in a basket and leave them outside your door in the morning to have them replaced which is fine, there wasn't room to walk around the bed to make it anyways. What stumped me was the envelope to leave a tip for the maid service...that was not appropriate. The good part was the pool was nice in the early afternoon, it's in the shade and not heated so the window to use it is limited. There is a drugstore across the street which is great and the walk to the main strip/beach is 5 minutes, very convenient. Every motel and campground was fully booked so we couldn't change rooms. There is a wobbly handle lock and we opened up right into the main highway, although the area was safe it would have been nice if there was an actual lock or dead bolt of some sort. We had to squeeze the wood chair infront to serve as a proper lock. This motel doesn't have a reason to come back to, no breakfast, no extra unique little perks, no microwave etc, we just checked in and were on our own when it came to cleaning, making the bed or finding good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and stay somewhere else until they invest in locks and sinks.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Unbelizable11
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Before our stay started, we had our room changed several times, and eventually ended up in a two bedroom suite. The woman at the desk was nice, and the pool was inviting, but definitely not quiet. Our room (Room 5) was very clean but the bathroom is extremely small. You couldn't get out of the shower without bumping into the sink or even the toilet. Despite the nice amount of space, it would be better if more of that space was dedicated to the bathroom instead. It was close to the beach and would recommend it for anyone who can deal with tight spaces.

2  Thank RyanTravels24
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My son and I stayed at the Yellow Giraffe just for one night on August 14-15,2012. The place itself was nice and the location was great because you could walk to the beach. We payed around $112.00 for a dounle room with kitchenette. It definitely had a homey feel to it.

The only gripe I had about it wa the bathroom size. It was so small. If you sat on the toilet, your head came so close to the sink that you could lose a tooth or bang your head if you weren't careful. The shower had a very outdated showerhead and because of the small size, if you dropped anything - forget about reaching down to get it.

My son and I are average bulid and we had a problem getting in and out without hitting the sink, I can't imagine someone bigger using it. Also, when I went to dry off I lifted my leg too quickly and hit my knee on the sink.

Otherwise, the place was adequate for a nights stay near the beach. Everyone was friendly and the pool and rooms were clean. I was just glad we only stayed one night because there's no way I was going in that shower again.

3  Thank Rosella_9
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this place 3 days before the weekend we stayed. Shawna in the front desk was very helpful in leading me to the room that would fit our needs best. The price is incredibly reasonable. Cleanliness is what they "pride themselves on" and they truly live up to that statement. This is no 5 star hotel, it's a perfect place if your not high maintenance. Most reviews complained about the bathroom, yes small, but clean! We had cable tv which was a good thing since it rained all weekend! My boyfriend really appreciated the fan at the bedside ( I thought it was very thoughtful, added a touch of being at home.) the pool is pretty small, the grills are great. It's about a 7 minute walk to the beach. I was very pleased with what I payed, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Shishylove
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just spent the weekend at the Yellow Giraffe and had a great time, the owners and the staff are very friendly and always available to help you. The owners are out wiping down the tables, chairs, cleaning around the pool area, watering the plants and setting up a breakfast area for their guests to enjoy all before 7:00 am ! tell me what other motel in Old Orchard does the same for their guests. The room we had was small, but that’s because we had waited until the last minute to book and we were glad to get a room at all and at such a good price. The room was very clean, the bathroom was small but also very clean absolutely no evidence of mold anywhere, I couldn’t have even found a dust bunny if I had tried it was that clean. The pool was decent sized , it was a quiet and relaxing area to use without having to climb over people. The motel was close enough to the attractions to walk, far enough to be quiet at night. Looking forward to returning next year will book early so we have our choice of rooms Great service- Great Price

Room Tip: Book early for best choice of rooms
4  Thank kelley34brown