“Great Thai...”

Bua Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Bua Thai Restaurant, a family and friendly oriented restaurant where you can enjoy the authentic Thai cooking!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We've already been here twice since we've been up here on vacation, and I expect we'll be back again. Great food and very nice people.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We would have enjoyed this restaurant more if we hadn't had such high expectations based on previous TA reviews. The food was good but not exceptional. Portions were adequate. One disappointment was the inability to choose a spice level for a curry dish. If you must have Thai in OOB, this is suitable, but I wouldn't recommend traveling any distance for it. Oh, and there isn't any Thai spice scent in the restaurant. Odd.

Buathai R, Manager at Bua Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your comments, but I would like to correct some of your incorrect comments. First of all, All of our dishes, including curry dishes, have a spice level. We have a spice level from 1 star to 5 stars, 5 stars is the hottest. We always ask our customers what spice level they want. We even print a spice level in our menu. Second of all, about the Thai spice scent inside the restaurant. I don't think you have been to our restaurant. Only our customers who have been to our restaurant know exactly what the scent like. We always receive a good compliments from our customers bout the scent inside our restaurant. Finally, thanks again for your comment, but please tell the truth!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Like the title says, so yummy! I love Thai food and this met my expectations. Just fantastic! We had two entries and two apps, loved every bite. Nice atmosphere too and great service.

1  Thank torimarr
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When eating at Old orchard beach it can be tiring finding a place that doesn't serve fries. It is refreshing to find a place that serves delicious quality Thailand food . I ordered the bua thai buns which is a crispy short spring roll that is served with sweet sauce. It was not greasy and carried an extra crunch that satisfies the bite into it. I also ordered the seafood delight and Kai pad kaprow with a heat index of five and four.

The seafood delight was fresh mussel, squid, cauliflower and scallops in fish sauce and was good with the sticky rice but heat level five was lacking for my tastes. The other dish was ground chicken with beans and was delicious with the rice as it gave rice a complementary flavor and did not over power it. I would say get the sticky rice because it brings another dimension to any dish and its great for budding chop sticks eaters. The food was fresh, tasty and not oily. Very important because of the rich food readily available in the area. Great place to balance your ying with your yang in Old Orchard Beach Me.

1  Thank aleequi
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Do not get fooled by this small place in OOB-this Thai restaurant is the best consistently. I have been a customer for 6 years and try to visit from September thru June , and save the summer for the tourists. Whether you dine in or take out- it is always good. I have tried many different dishes and they all are good. With many places to choose from for Thai food in the area, I think it helps that these people are actually from Thailand. They actually close the restaurant a month in the winter to go to Thailand.

Looking for something different and good? This is the place. It raises the bar . Service , food, presentation all amazing for a little place.

1  Thank Wendy B