“Comfortable oceanfront getaway”

Camp Comfort Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Camp Comfort Apartments
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at Camp Comfort with my boyfriend this past summer. We stayed in Apartment 5 which is a studio/efficiency. The apartment had everything we needed, including a full kitchen stocked with supplies. I was expecting Apt 5 to be seriously tiny based on pictures, but it actually is more spacious than you think. We ended up having a private deck all to ourselves (it was advertised as a shared deck). There are books, beach chairs, boogie boards, and beach toys available to borrow for the day. There is a laundry room too ($1/load), which is also not advertised anywhere. So overall, a lot of pleasant surprises (booking online from far away can be a little scary). We had absolutely no problems. The ONLY "complaint" I have is that I could hear our upstairs neighbors stomping around early in the morning which disrupted my sleep, but that is to be expected in a small, older home.

Barb, the owner, is very friendly and responsive. We had a lot of questions both before the trip and at check-in and she was great at answering all of them. She also took the extra step of showing us a map of the area and pointing out grocery stores, restaurants, and gift shops. I said several times during the trip "I feel like we are staying over at someone's house" and that's really what it feels like at Camp Comfort. I would book with Barb again if we ever go back to OOB.

Room Tip: Apartment 5 is perfect for a single person or couple!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 915laurenh

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We came across this wonderful place last summer and stayed the 1st week in August. It was an enjoyable stay all around. So much, that I couldn't stop talking about it to all my friends. For Christmas, I opened an envelope from my husband with a printed picture of Camp Comfort and handwritten was "We're going back again"! The place was perfect, just steps to the beach, a nice walk to the pier, the yard was big and each place had it's own back porch with table and chairs. Plenty of assorted paperback books filled baskets along the stairway to take and read on the beach. Thank you Barb, for being wonderful and accommodating. Her love for the place shows in every little personal touch you see around the property. I can't wait to go back this August.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed at camp comfort in June and I must say that it was a wonderful stay. Barb was very nice and made it very comfortable for my family and I. I would definitely stay at camp comfort again. The kids had a beautiful yard to play in and we were steps away from the beach. We also had chairs, umbrellas and beach supplies to relax on the beach

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

After staying in the same place in OOB for 20 years and not feeling at home we looked for a new place to stay. My family is very treditonal so I was nerves about change so happy we did. Camp Comfort feels like home Barb makes you feel so welcome cant get any better than that. Its the little things that count.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Leaving tomorrow for my second year at Camp Comfort and I can't wait! Sitting on the back porch overlooking a pretty back yard and view of the ocean. It doesn't get better then this. Barb is great and she does a great job making sure you have everything you need. Nice quiet neighborhood too!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This is a 4 unit, old, quaint home, right on Old Orchard Beach. We stayed in apartment B and it was delightful. It had everything we needed for the week. The king bed was comfortable and the sleeper sofa in the living room was very comfortable (for a pull-out!). The kitchen had new, very nice applicances. Barb, the owner, was so gracious and accommodating. The back yard had a beautiful gate that led to the beach pathway. I could take my cup of coffee and walk a few steps to the beach every morning :) It was decorated with a nautical theme, even the gate and porch area. Selfishly, I'd like to keep this place a secret....it was wonderful! She rents Sat to Sat, and there is no cleaning service, so we needed to clean before we left, which I certainly did not mind doing. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jmk67
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My Husband and I just arrived back from 5 days in OOB. We have been going there for the last 12 years and have stayed at many different places on the"strip". This past weeks stay at the Camp Comfort, unit 5 ,were by far the nicest place we have EVER stayed. Our efficiency apartments had everything you could possibly want or need, was spotless, decorated in such a cute,homey, manner and the beach was steps from our room-We could lay in bed and listen to the ocean and watch the sun rise-Sure can't do that at home!!!!! The price was very reasonable and the Owner is super nice. We immediately booked for next year and are so happy we found such a nice home away from home................51 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank desdemona22