“Not seasonally friendly review ditto from us!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Old Orchard Beach Campground
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Not seasonally friendly review ditto from us!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The review written by "not seasonal friendly hit it on the head" we are one of those families affected by the new OOB Campground changes. My family, relatives and friends have been here (some of us over thirty years) have memories of seasons past so many it's heartbreaking that there over. You were so right NSF in your review. So many things that you wrote are true. John has been the only person with any personality to speak of. The employees have been nicer than the owners for the most part. Us veterans of OOB campground remember Skip, which the entry road is named after if they change that, it would be painful. There are seasonally that don't have the means to upgrade nucause of age or finances. So sad all OOB campground seasonals have been their bread and butter people for all this time. Just when their finally renovating, upgrading and just plain spiffin up we're out. So not so bad if your coming and going quickly but not the place to start new (seasonal) memories. Please refer to Not seasonally friendly review it say s it all.
A family seasonal since 1983!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Oobseas83
John D, Owner at Old Orchard Beach Campground, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear OOBSeas83, it is regrettable that you feel this way about our new seasonal campsites. As we upgrade the park, we are changing and shifting, ultimately improving the way things are, which includes the RV sites. The new ones contain a higher amperage that would not be compatible for some campers. We have rules for a reason, and this one is for the protection of anyone that may be using the new campsites. Though we cannot offer you seasonal camping in a camper older than 11 years, we can still offer you a great, newly renovated campground to stay at for vacation. Keep in mind if you maintain your site once your in older campers will be allowed to stay. We were just upgrading a 30 year old and potentially unsafe and antiquated section of our park….the last one…we are now brand new! Fifty amps, free cable, free wifi, 2500 sq. ft. huge sites! We hope you can understand, and we love having you at the campground. We are upset that so many of our seasonal campers will not be returning, but we are trying to keep our campground as upgraded as possible. Please consider returning to OOB Campground. We are trying to provide a high-quality camping environment for everyone, and sometimes renovations and updates mean new rules for the safety of all campers and their vehicles.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
boston
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This park is beautiful and very clean...The man that works and rides in a golf cart kinda looks like he is an old western figure.He is so sweet and jumped right in when he saw a pack of about 20+ kids drinking beer in glass bottles around the pool..One stare down from him and they packed up quickly, yet he always smiles and says Hi. Love the fire-pits very creative the inside drums of washing machines, they look amazing at night GREAT IDEA :) The office staff are so nice no problems with reservations,check in or check out.
Now the down side there is one pool for the lower seasonal people, the entire tent section and the black forest area RV section. Very very very crowded,actually ridiculous. It is 2/10th of a mile with two(one steep) hill from the black forest section. So in total 4/10th of a mile round walk; trying doing that few times a day with little children and carrying the pool stuff.When you get there so crowded no chairs or anyplace to put your things down. The new section of seasonal people have their own pool restricted to their use, never crowded and always chairs. So in my opinion they need another pool up by the black forest/tent area. Bathrooms were always clean loved the new ones in the tent section, we have a travel trailer so didnt go in much so not sure about how busy the showers were. No activities or entertainment, not even a ice cream night. They do nothing and you have to leave a deposit to use any of the sports equipment for the playground. All in all been there and done that probably wont go back again. Not a bad experience but nothing special at all. Everyone a Baily's Campground were so happy there so I will be going there next time

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a great experience at Old Orchard Beach Campground, I can't wait for next year. They have done so much work and added so many new features. My husband and I loved the Gazebo at night it was so quiet and romantic. We met Mike and thought he had the best sence of humor and chatted a while about more changes coming in the next 5 years. It's not the closest camp to the beach but they make up for it with the Trolly service. We did not have to drive the entire week we were there thanks to the trolly. I must of saved more than $50.00 in parking alone and the kids wanted to take trolly home LOL.You can bet we will be camping there for many years to come. I want to thank everyone there for a great experience and perhaps we will stop by before next year!!!

Susan G.

Johnston,RI
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family and I are avid campers and we select a destination every year for a week of camping and fun. Upon our arrival we were disappointed that the pool was very close to the highway and arriving on the 7th of july it was very crowded at pool site , we immed took the kids to the pool being so hot out, 1 of the pools which was much closer to our campsite, we were not allowed to use ( for seasonals ONLY!). not a close walk to other pool by highway. pool was crowded with people left over from the 4th of july holiday and drinking,smoking,and people swearing. (even though there were many signs no smoking!
Thankfully the next day the campground cleared out and wasn't as crowded. Over all nice campground but not a lot of amenities, Arcade was a joke and so was the camp store. Staff seemed very friendly as well.
I am an Area Manager for a huge corporation dealing with customers and issues on a daily basis. what I encountered with the owner was appalling to say the least.
I went to wash my clothes , a small load as I did in the morning. When my clothes were done $2.50 mind you. My clothes were not spinned and still soaking wet.

So I went into the office and talked to girl at desk and as she was listening to my issue the owner walks up raising his voice that "THESE ARE NEW MACHINES AND YOU PUT TOO MUCH DETERGENT IN THE MACHINE, SO THATS YOUR PROBLEM"
So in turn I said I realize I may have put a little too much detergent in the machine and I just didn't realize it. The girl behind the counter tried to explain to him for me that it wasn't that they were soapy, they just didn't get spun out.
He yells to the poor girl behind the desk" THATS HER FAULT ,I TOLD YOU SHE PUT TOO MUCH DETERGENT IN THE MACHINE"
He then turns to me and tells me to take my clothes out of the washer and go to the sink and ring them out myself.
My point is that I spent over $500 to stay at this campround for 8 nights and he had the audacity to treat me in that manner, by no means was it the 2.50 cents for the wash, it was the arrogance and the attitude of this man.
A little advice to you MIke, its people like me that keep you in business and I know Many, many people who camp and they will all hear about the way you degraded me . so all I expected was you to say" Miss let me spin your clothes again and next time please be careful and not put too much detergent in machine." That's what a good business owner would have done, this was actually the 2nd time I encountered him in the office and I got the same arrogance when I asked him about local restaurants.
End of the story he DOES NOT care about his customers , he only cares about $$$$$. and there are many places to go to in old orchard beach, We will be going to Baileys next time around and so will all our friends.

I have never put in a review before, I was very upset about the way he spoke to me and there were many occasions during that week to make it right because he knew I was upset when I left.

Long story and I am sorry but I feel there are many other campgrounds my family can go to that actually appreciate my business.

8 Thank gina a
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here for a night, Had a great time. Very nice campground. very clean, Very up to date. Pool area is nice, big pool. Got to choose any tent site i wanted which is nice to have a choice. Only a few minutes from the beach, also have a shuttle service to the beach. Campground has Wifi which is nice to have. Very secure, very nice. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coady90
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Forgot my visa at front desk , instead of returning it to me , some one was using it freely at 7 eleven,when I called them they said you probably lost it somewhere tell you what! The only place I used my visa during my visit is old orchard beach campground front desk

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Habalmm
Boston
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Been a seasonal at OOB Campground for many years, chose this place originally due to friends also having a site here, was NOT chosen for its amenities. The owners and office management are quite rude and not at all friendly. The counter workers come and go and seem to be pretty good folks, it is the managers and owners that need serious people skills. The seasonal section is being revamped as of this writing and ALL seasonal occupants have been told they need to move out everything by the end of the season. No options for relocation to any other part of the property for storage over the fall/winter/spring while this work is being done, just get up and go.To me, not a very professional way to deal with loyal customers with many years of commitment to their campground. Many of us are elderly and don't have the physical ability to undertake this move nor the financial means to pay to have someone tear down and move everything and of course, the owners have never offered to help with this task, they say they can't spare the man power. Very unappreciative,unsupportive
and unprofessional folks. It is a shame Mike and Joan have never been friendly or customer oriented, but when brother John came in to clean things up due to Mike and Joan's inability to run the business the seasonal folks were hoping for better days. I guess this is the better days! Boot all the seasonals out and not look back.
The place may be fine for weekenders or weekly campers but this is not a place you want to live your summers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank aloiii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Orchard Beach
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campgro...
#4 of 21 in Old Orchard Beach
Wagon Wheel RV Resort and Campground
Wagon Wheel RV Resort and Campgr...
#7 of 21 in Old Orchard Beach
#32 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
Atlantic Ocean Suites
Atlantic Ocean Suites
#4 of 25 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Old Orchard Beach Campground? Share your experiences!