“Pretty good campground ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Old Orchard Beach Campground
“Pretty good campground ”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I recently visited old orchard beach campground. Nothing over the top special but overall a decent place to sleep. Campsites close together, bathrooms basic but clean. One security guard was pretty rude about the speed limit (honestly he was rather frightening) but otherwise staff was helpful and friendly! Id go back if I needed a place to stay but it wouldn't be my first choice as it was pretty pricey for such a basic place.
Traveled with friends.

Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is a great place for family. All the employees go above and beyond. From the front desk, security, to head of maintenance, everyone is there to give helpful hand. Whether you are alone, or with your family, this is a great place to be.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our long weekend. It was a little different getting to choose your own camp site when tenting. A large pine area is where you get too and then just pitch your tent.

Only one bath house for this entire area made it a little busy at times. Bath house was pretty clean in the morning but muddy floors from dirt tracked in at night.

The weekend we were there it was VERY loud. There was a big party site that was blasting music, yelling, drinking, being obnoxious until 12:30-1 am. "Security" drove around at about 9:30 or 10 and then as soon as they were out of the area the party started. Most camp grounds I have been to have security or even state park police making regular rounds.

Although we only tented the camper sites looked very tight together. I know its a tourist location with high amounts of people but they are just too close together.

I would also like to add my input on firewood. I purchased one bundle and could not believe the quality. This stuff acted kiln dried (maybe it is?) It was extremely easy to light. It burned hot and fast, which was great since we were just looking for a quick fire. I have never purchased camp wood this hot and dry before.

Overall I would probably stay again since my negative points werent that bad. Definitely loss of star for zero patrol enforcement.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visited this campground for July 4th 2014 weekend and I was pretty surprised at how nice it was. They kind of nickle and dime you on some stuff like paying $5.00 extra per day for a second vehicle. Having a family of 5 and taking 1 vehicle doesn't cut it for us and this is a policy I think the campground should look into not charging guests for this. Another thing I didn't care for was them charging for kids to stay $5.00 per day per kid. It adds up when you have 3 kids that should be free with paid adults like every other campground I have been to. Other than that the place was fairly up to date with playgrounds, basketball court, horseshoes, and a wiffle ball field. If you go with a group of people the wiffle ball field is a must. The trolley to the beach saves you a ton of money with the cost of $1.00 each way compared to $20.00 to park a car. The only downside to the trolley is it stops at all the area campgrounds so if it is full then it won't stop. Besides being expensive $180 for 3 nights 4 days with no water or electric site and we got like 5 sites I don't really call that a group rate. Also there was no night activities like a DJ or kid activities during the day like most campgrounds have. I think in the owners got there heads out of there butts and changed some things this would be my go to campground in OOB. All in all as I said it's worth a try.

• Stayed July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When I visited this campground last summer with my friends I was absolutely amazed by the atmosphere. This campground is probably the best campground I have ever stayed at! They have a very large pool, plenty of room for fun plus they have a trolley that picks you up and brings you to the beach and back. This place rocks! I am planning on coming back this summer for sure. The team that works there go above and beyond to make sure you are happy! Plus they have a great security team that makes sure you are staying safe and they do a great job at controlling the noise levels at night! You must check them out!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kyreynolds
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family and I visited Old Orchard Beach last summer and we were having trouble finding a campground to stay at. We searched and found the Old Orchard Beach Campground and absolutely loved it! The staff there was so amazing, friendly and made sure we were 100% satisfied. This campground is huge and deff has something for everyone. If you are looking to travel to Old Orchard Beach this summer you absolutely have to stay at this place. I also feel that this is the safest campground around because they have professional security at night who make sure you and your family are safe. Stop looking around and call them, you won't be dissapointed!

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in the Black Forest tenting area and we had so much fun! This campground is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sctkin
Lynn, MA
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have camped at this campground with my family and friends as seasonal At the end of the year last year we were told that the campground was going to upgrade the grove where I camp. major changes, no trailers older that ten years. Being open to change I decided the wait and see approach...I would wait for one of the owners to approach me. In the mean time my family were making arrangements to have their trailers removed. With a tear in my eye I knew what I must do I must leave...with my sister and nana leaving nothing here would ever be the same. I was done.

Now my review....I will start with I was never approached or talked to about my options. I started camping here when my middle daughter was 6 months old, There were never any activities in this park. I worked their water slide until it collapsed and they weren't allowed to put it back up. This park needs a serious face lift which I think they are starting. If it is like anything else they do it will take a few years to get it done. This will or should not be listed as a family campground, if you are seasonal you will not be allowed to leave toys on your site. Not family in my eyes.

There are no activities, the only amenities are a swimming pool and a playground. But remember you make your on time, your own fun. These things were never an issue to me, my family made it's own fun..

There is not a lot to say about this campground because they don't have anything. But I will say if you are seasonal there and were allowed to keep your trailer there, what ever your method was to convince them.....hang in there if they make the upgrades they have talked about this park will be sold within the next five years. As I was told everything is for sale for the right price. But they will have to get a lot of money because John and Mike will be out of a job and have never done anything else. It was great working for the family business...but

Room Tip: Wagon Wheels is kid friendly and offers activities. It's only around the corner from this campg...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank taxpat
John D, Owner at Old Orchard Beach Campground, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Greetings, taxpat. We are very sorry that you feel this way about our newly renovated area. As we renovate, we will be installing electrical connections for RVs and campers that have higher amperage that may not be compatible with older model campers. 50 amp units are much more ideal for the new setup. We struggled over this decision, but ultimately we put the safety of all of our campers above all. This is for your safety and the safety and well-being of your vehicle.

We do have rules about seasonal residents and the cleanliness of campsites because we very much care about the way that the campground is presented. Please understand that our rules like, "Please keep toys inside your camper when unused" are not meant to harm campers, but to help OOB Campground be a cleaner, better facility. Our intentions are simply to make this place the best campground it can be!

We also wanted to let you know that we are starting an activities program next year. We hope that you will return to enjoy the campground as we grow and make OOB Campground a better facility with great programs for campers. We appreciate you as a customer and would love to see you back. Please feel free to return and check out the new place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Orchard Beach
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campgro...
#4 of 22 in Old Orchard Beach
Wagon Wheel RV Resort and Campground
Wagon Wheel RV Resort and Campgr...
#7 of 22 in Old Orchard Beach
#12 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
Marcotte Motor Court
Marcotte Motor Court
#21 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Old Orchard Beach Campground? Share your experiences!