“Not a campground more like a camping/rv resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Old Orchard Beach Campground
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the 4th day of our vacation in a 38 foot motorhome, we are staying in the grove. The spaces are level, spacious and groomed. The grounds are immaculate. For a dollar the trolley takes you to the beach and downtown. The staff is fantastic and friendly. We lost our puppy and the maintenance/security helped us tremendously to find her. The other campgrounds that we visited were overcrowded in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed a long weekend recently. It was a little wierd choosing your own camp site and really didnt work once the place started filling up. We set up and went to the beach and when we came back cars were parked in our site due to a group of ladies needing room for their beer pong table. The night shift monitoring for "quiet time" was non existent. Two nights in a row we were kept up until 4:30 in the morning, one night by the younger folks and the next by a bunch of older people cursing and signing at the top of their lungs. Of course no one answered at the office for a complaint. If you're in the partying mood this place is probably good for you. Their amenities were good. The shuttle to the beach and the bathrooms were good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brandon O
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I recently visited old orchard beach campground. Nothing over the top special but overall a decent place to sleep. Campsites close together, bathrooms basic but clean. One security guard was pretty rude about the speed limit (honestly he was rather frightening) but otherwise staff was helpful and friendly! Id go back if I needed a place to stay but it wouldn't be my first choice as it was pretty pricey for such a basic place.
Traveled with friends.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is a great place for family. All the employees go above and beyond. From the front desk, security, to head of maintenance, everyone is there to give helpful hand. Whether you are alone, or with your family, this is a great place to be.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our long weekend. It was a little different getting to choose your own camp site when tenting. A large pine area is where you get too and then just pitch your tent.

Only one bath house for this entire area made it a little busy at times. Bath house was pretty clean in the morning but muddy floors from dirt tracked in at night.

The weekend we were there it was VERY loud. There was a big party site that was blasting music, yelling, drinking, being obnoxious until 12:30-1 am. "Security" drove around at about 9:30 or 10 and then as soon as they were out of the area the party started. Most camp grounds I have been to have security or even state park police making regular rounds.

Although we only tented the camper sites looked very tight together. I know its a tourist location with high amounts of people but they are just too close together.

I would also like to add my input on firewood. I purchased one bundle and could not believe the quality. This stuff acted kiln dried (maybe it is?) It was extremely easy to light. It burned hot and fast, which was great since we were just looking for a quick fire. I have never purchased camp wood this hot and dry before.

Overall I would probably stay again since my negative points werent that bad. Definitely loss of star for zero patrol enforcement.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visited this campground for July 4th 2014 weekend and I was pretty surprised at how nice it was. They kind of nickle and dime you on some stuff like paying $5.00 extra per day for a second vehicle. Having a family of 5 and taking 1 vehicle doesn't cut it for us and this is a policy I think the campground should look into not charging guests for this. Another thing I didn't care for was them charging for kids to stay $5.00 per day per kid. It adds up when you have 3 kids that should be free with paid adults like every other campground I have been to. Other than that the place was fairly up to date with playgrounds, basketball court, horseshoes, and a wiffle ball field. If you go with a group of people the wiffle ball field is a must. The trolley to the beach saves you a ton of money with the cost of $1.00 each way compared to $20.00 to park a car. The only downside to the trolley is it stops at all the area campgrounds so if it is full then it won't stop. Besides being expensive $180 for 3 nights 4 days with no water or electric site and we got like 5 sites I don't really call that a group rate. Also there was no night activities like a DJ or kid activities during the day like most campgrounds have. I think in the owners got there heads out of there butts and changed some things this would be my go to campground in OOB. All in all as I said it's worth a try.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When I visited this campground last summer with my friends I was absolutely amazed by the atmosphere. This campground is probably the best campground I have ever stayed at! They have a very large pool, plenty of room for fun plus they have a trolley that picks you up and brings you to the beach and back. This place rocks! I am planning on coming back this summer for sure. The team that works there go above and beyond to make sure you are happy! Plus they have a great security team that makes sure you are staying safe and they do a great job at controlling the noise levels at night! You must check them out!

• Stayed: August 2013