“Great time at the hotel and tavern”
Review of The Brunswick

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Brunswick
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Brunswick Hotel for one night 05/29 - 05/30. I have been to many of the hotels in Old Orchard Beach and I found this place to be the best "bang for the bucks". We were in Room 230 which had an excellent view of the ocean (big sliding glass window where a deck used to be), large nicely furnished living room with super clear 52" TV, separate kitchen with all appliances, a nice bedroom with another TV, and a nice bathroom - all the things you need for a beach place. I would suggest rooms on the third level or above if you would like to be a little bit away from the lively indoor/outdoor bar/tavern. I found the whole experience excellent from the hotel to the bar. It was neat to watch a thunderstorm out in the ocean through the large gliding glass door while we cuddled on the sofa. The hotel staff was very friendly as well as the desk clerk Sandy who we really enjoyed talking to and accommendating. I highly recommend this place as my wife and I are planning another trip there at the end of August.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Myself and fiance traveled to Old Orchard Beach last summer as a road trip with another couple. Had been to Maine before and it truly is beautiful. Old Orchard Beach is great, very lively and a lot of fun. The Brunswick on the other hand is a complete dire and utter train wreck.
Rooms are horribly dated, worn out and unclean. The noise levels are unbearable on any given day OR night. The hotel itself is very rundown and as it says on their website "boast the biggest patio" in Old Orchard Beach. The bar itself is great, but unless you intend to stay up drinking until 8am...don't think you'll get a wink of sleep at this hotel. Management have no concern for it's paying guests as clearly the patio drive a way more income to this establishment. The doors leading to the rooms "are locked" at 8 or 9pm by hotel staff (ya right) so that the drunks from the bar don't just wander into peoples rooms. We walked into some guy, passed out, inside the "locked" door, vomit ALL over him and the floor/wall.
Unfortunately, every other hotel in the area was booked as we went at a very busy time of year...believe me, we looked elsewhere, so our only option was to stay and bear it. Basically we made the best of it...but oh man it's bad.
Like I said, Old Orchard Beach is a LOT of fun, but there are MANY other places to stay than this place. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.
Parking is always a nightmare here to.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends