“Don't do it! Not worth the Money one bit!”
Review of The Brunswick

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Brunswick
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My fiance and i finally got to go on a long awaited vacation. We wanted to stay at grand victorian but the minimum time you can stay is a week so the guy from the grand victorian suggested the Brunswick so i called and booked us from Thursday to Sunday. When we got there we got our room key and went and tried to get in our room (140) the motel room. Our keys sucked. They didn't work. It took us atleast 5-10 minutes each time to get in our room and a few times had to wait for maintenance. We had two young children with us and they cannot always wait to go to the bathroom. It was a pain in the butt. Second the rooms were unbelievable hot!! Every morning i woke up at the crack of dawn because i was sweating so bad. There were two fans in the room but there were not enough outlets to put the fans where we wanted. There is limited Wifi. No ride in room so you will spend an arm and a leg on food. Every night there is music playing until at least 1 in the morning. Every morning when we walked out to beach there were cigarette buts on the walk way. So bad we had to carry our kids. It reeked of smoke horrible and i am a big one on cigarette smoke. So gross. It is not kid friendly at all and was not worth our money. I would never recommend it to anyone especially with kids. Just in four days Thurs. to Sunday we spend over 1100 dollars.OUTRAGEOUS!!! Lets just put it this way the only thing that was good was the quick walk to the beach and the food. THAT'S IT!! Oh ya and the room was wicked outdated.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Ashley G
There are newer reviews for The Brunswick

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had a very nice stay here, the views were awesome along with the food and the bands were perfect for the beach setting. Perfect location to the amuzement park and we look forward to the outside decks being done so you can enjoy the breeze and ocean view even better!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My family stayed at the Brunswick about 3 weeks ago with such high hopes. We usually stay at the Greand Victorain but booked too late & there were no vacancies. I would have preferred sleeping in our car to the Brunswick. Upon entering the "suite" the smell of moth balls almost made me vomit. It was stuffy, hot and extremely dated. We had 2 disgusting old dusty fans to cool us off, and 1 didn't work! On morning three we woke up to a loud obnoxious sound at 7 am, of course assuming it was just one of our children we went into the living room to say it was too early to start the day and we discovered it was a roofer just feet from our heads outside our window working on the restaurants roof downstairs. When my husband went to the front desk to discuss the matter, he was rudely blown off & told the manager would contact him. Still waiting on that call...

Room Tip: Bring your own AC& ear plugs
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had booked 2 nights... Finally stayed just 1 Evening.
We were in #230. Very Clean! Very! But... for the price we pay
To stay at this Place, it's NOT worth it.
Great View on the Ocean - Good thing we had this, as this was a +.
Great Patio/Bar
But, when we come back to the room, there is no AC in room.
Room is Very Outdated! You'd think that they could have A/C & WIFI in 2012
in All Rooms!!!!
We needed to log on to PC for work purposes, and we could not log online!
(That is awful nowadays)... When we could not log on, we wanted to call at
front desk, but... there wasn't even a Phone in the Room!

I'm Sorry, but at 500$ for 2 nights, not worth it at all!
(Old Couch - Non comfy Chair)
Just a Double Size Bed.
Very Noisy Fridge. Coffee Maker in Room, but No Coffee to put in it!
No coffee at lobbie or anything either!
Plus staff was suppose to be in at 9am, but it was 10am, and still nobody at front office
the next morning when we definitely wanted to Leave!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank swhlibra
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Brunswick Hotel for one night 05/29 - 05/30. I have been to many of the hotels in Old Orchard Beach and I found this place to be the best "bang for the bucks". We were in Room 230 which had an excellent view of the ocean (big sliding glass window where a deck used to be), large nicely furnished living room with super clear 52" TV, separate kitchen with all appliances, a nice bedroom with another TV, and a nice bathroom - all the things you need for a beach place. I would suggest rooms on the third level or above if you would like to be a little bit away from the lively indoor/outdoor bar/tavern. I found the whole experience excellent from the hotel to the bar. It was neat to watch a thunderstorm out in the ocean through the large gliding glass door while we cuddled on the sofa. The hotel staff was very friendly as well as the desk clerk Sandy who we really enjoyed talking to and accommendating. I highly recommend this place as my wife and I are planning another trip there at the end of August.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Myself and fiance traveled to Old Orchard Beach last summer as a road trip with another couple. Had been to Maine before and it truly is beautiful. Old Orchard Beach is great, very lively and a lot of fun. The Brunswick on the other hand is a complete dire and utter train wreck.
Rooms are horribly dated, worn out and unclean. The noise levels are unbearable on any given day OR night. The hotel itself is very rundown and as it says on their website "boast the biggest patio" in Old Orchard Beach. The bar itself is great, but unless you intend to stay up drinking until 8am...don't think you'll get a wink of sleep at this hotel. Management have no concern for it's paying guests as clearly the patio drive a way more income to this establishment. The doors leading to the rooms "are locked" at 8 or 9pm by hotel staff (ya right) so that the drunks from the bar don't just wander into peoples rooms. We walked into some guy, passed out, inside the "locked" door, vomit ALL over him and the floor/wall.
Unfortunately, every other hotel in the area was booked as we went at a very busy time of year...believe me, we looked elsewhere, so our only option was to stay and bear it. Basically we made the best of it...but oh man it's bad.
Like I said, Old Orchard Beach is a LOT of fun, but there are MANY other places to stay than this place. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.
Parking is always a nightmare here to.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends