“comfortable stay”
Review of Seabreeze Motel

Seabreeze Motel
Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here at the seabreeze. We enjoyed our stay very much. Aaron the manager, was helpful and a very respectable gentleman. He made our stay very comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable as well. The overall staff here is kind and very helpful. I would definitely visit here again. I recommend anyone visiting old orchard, to visit the seabreeze. you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Aaron W, General Manager at Seabreeze Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I Appreciate the kind words for myself and staff. We drive to make sure that your stay is a standard for not only you and your family, but all guest who visit the seabreeze. We hope to see you again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff has undergone some major changes since my stay earlier this year. The rooms are a great value for the location. Aaron the manager is wonderful. He helped us out with everything we needed. I would recommend this motel to everyone

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ladyandthetramp56

I would like to take the time to thank you for the review and notice to the changes of the motel. We have begun changing and updating the property and staff training. We hope to give a much better experience for our new and returning guest. We look forward to see you all in the spring.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just spent weekend 5/13 5/15 at seabreeze,room clean and comfortable,Aaron and staff could not have been more pleasant and accomadatng In pouring rain they carried in the luggage and my wifes wheelchair.We will be back again next fall to enjoy their hospitality.
L.Meisner

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank leslie m

I apologize for the late response, but I would like to thank you for taking the time and giving feed back and notice to staff and personal. We here at the seabreeze try to do our best to insure that guest have a enjoyable stay. Taking the extra minute to assist you and your wife was no inconvenience by any means. An happy to do so. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

First of all this motel is too expensive for what they offer. I booked 2 rooms on a last minute trip. I expected a little better, but was disappointed. First room's AC did not work. We requested another room and that was taken care of. The 2nd room stunk heavily but AC worked. This place is very close to the beach which is a plus.However,not sure I'd return.

Room Tip: ask for a non smoking room if you can..make sure AC works before settling in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Aaron W, General Manager at Seabreeze Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for the input and review so I might be able to prevent problems like the AC and smoke smells before guest arrive. I do apologize that you had that experience, and our motel is a zero tolerance for smoking in the rooms. We take all steps to ensure there is no smoking, but some travelers are inconsiderate of others and we as the hotel can only try and clean it up to the best of our ability. New renovations are in effect and we hope you will give us another stay to show the improvements across the motel and staff.
Award Sbzgm

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I would return for the location and proximity to everything, but the room we got was somewhat disappointing. There was a cigarette smell in a supposedly non-smoking room. Beds were comfortable if you like a firmer bed. Mostly clean room except for the nooks and crannies where we saw cobwebs and dust bunnies. Carpet looked clean, but it was dark, bottoms of our feet were dirty after walking barefoot, so we didn't do that anymore. Bathroom was old, a little black mold in grout of some of the tiles. It was nice to have the kitchenettte, but our fridge temp control was broken and we had to put our food in the freezer to keep it cold. Worst was finding a roach trap with a few dead roaches in dark corner in the kitchen. YUCK! I'm sure that alone would be enough for some to never come. Oh and the outdoor "heated pool" was nice but not heated. Would I go back?.....eh, maybe not. I'll try few other places first.

Room Tip: We were in room 22, maybe their renovating and haven't gotten to that one yet?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Appreciate the review. We are in the process of renovations in the hotel, which includes new carpets and furniture as well as staff training. There as been a management change to the hotel and the standard for cleanliness has been risen to white glove standard. We do hope that you will return to see the huge difference in look and operation to the sea-breeze motel.3
Award- GMsbz

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staffer at the desk was very nice.....then we got to the room . The kitchen needed to be cleaned before we dared to use it. the was supposed to be enough flatware and pots and pans for 6 . Enough for 2 is what we got . Just 2 small pans to cook with , no frying pan. no big spoons , spatulas , etc. The refrigerator was barely cool . We asked management 3 times to take care of this , as we were staying for 4 days , and had $150 worth of groceries to keep cold. End of day2 , the fridge died . Management said they would get a new one ASAP . Never heard back from them . Moved food to a big cooler we had. went down for ice , ice machine was dead. Had to go buy ice. The AC was too small(1 wall unit) for the size of the room . (2 rooms plus bath)i would never stay here again , and I tell all my friends to avoid the place like the plague!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scott R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

when we got there we paid for a two room unit and they tried to put 7 people in a one room unit. we asked to have our tv fixed on Friday when we checked in and sunday morning when we checked out it still didn't work overall the place sucked . I will never go back

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family