“Entrees arrived after 2 hours.”

Dunegrass Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This premier golf course consists of 18 challenging holes, par 72 at 6,884 yards.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

What happened to the service?? Drinks took 30 minutes. Food was decent but we nearly fainted from hunger.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Dunegrass used to be a the type of fine golf course that you might treat yourself to once or twice a year. The price is steep, but the course is in great condition, unique, and challenging...or at least it was. It's been a few years since I've been there and was disappointed to see how downhill it's gone. The drive into the clubhouse is now lined with houses that they crammed in there. The course has even been laid out differently (taking over a former 9 hole course) in order to accommodate more homes. Many of the holes are lined with homes, so instead of feeling like you're getting away from it all, you feel like you're in someone's backyard. I'm an amateur golfer, so a fairway lined with houses is too nerve-racking for me.

When we arrived at the pro shop, we stood around for 5 minutes waiting for someone to arrive and help us. The person that showed up was surly and they lost our tee time I made the day before. Since no one else was there (I'll blame the overnight rain for that), he let us go right off. We chose to play there because we wanted to use the Links Card. It's advertised as being $55 with a cart during the weekdays when using this card. He charged us $59, and when we questioned it, he told us we were lucky that they even accepted it.

When we arrived to the 2nd hole, the sprinklers went off. I have never seen anything like it. Out golf carts and bags got soaked before we could move them. I attached a picture of my friend standing on the tee box. Notice the tee box conditions. I guess they thought that 9:00AM after a rain storm while people were playing was the right time to water the mud. Overall the conditions of the course were average and I expected better. It's kind of surprising since there was a maintenance crew on nearly every hole (annoying). I felt like they were following us around.

When we finished we ate lunch on their outdoor patio. It was a beautiful afternoon and outside of a threesome that played behind us, not one golfer came through the 18th hole in the hour we sat there.

If you're in the area looking for golf, I recommend Nonesuch (which now owns Dunegrass...hopefully they'll turn it around) and Sable Oaks.

2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This course is simply fantastic! It has it all - water, hidden holes, woods, treacherous ravines, big bunkers - well, all but steep hills owing to its location. Greenskeepers do a great job. Excellent carts - you do not want to walk it. Good and reasonable food at the turn if desired.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have played this course many times over the past few years and have seen it's ups & downs. I'm thrilled to report that over the past year & a half there a many UPs!! The course is in fantastic shape; beautiful lush fairways, tee boxes as well as the grounds surrounding the holes. The staff is very accomondating, the restaurant is serving good meals with a very friendly staff. I also took a few golf lesson's from the golf pro Abby Spector, a nice soft spoken lady who instructed me on what I was doing wrong, and how I needed to correct the problem. Welcome Back Dunegrass - we're looking forward to another great season of golf.

Joyce & Jim Bilancieri

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2013

the staff in the pro shop was very nice, The course layout is very bice, many beatiful holes of golf, a good but fair challenge for every level, the best greens i have played this year, we were behind a hole after 11 because we were matched with 2 occasional golfer and the marshall was very courteous in politel;y asking up to try to catch up to the group ahead. Just a great day of golf and i recommend this course to everyone who is in the area for golf