“Great time, wonderful hotel management and staff..”

Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Chelsea, Massachusetts
“Great time, wonderful hotel management and staff..”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Best Value Inn at the Mt Royal Hotel on Memorial Day Weekend was a our firt stay at the hotel, and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going back Labor Day Weekend.
The rooms are clean, and managment is always willing to work with you to accommodate anything you may need. Everything you need is all within walking distance..Food, shops, the beach, and ammusement rides..

Room Tip: Second fl has the best views.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know about your stay. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Americas Best Value Inn-OOB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
boston
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Great hotel for our trip right in the middle of everything. We spent the weekend in thier newly renovated room with hard wood floors and a flat screen t.v. very clean as well which is very important. Spent an entire day right on the beach with the kiddos then went to the amusement park right next door. Awesome weekend trip with helpful and friendly staff with great suggestions. Only complaint is the pool wasn't ready yet. Already planning for another trip in july.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank secretaznmanBoston
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2011

my family and i traveled with friends and family with a young boy and two teenage girls, and everyone absolutely loved it! The service we experienced was great! They gave us our privacy when we wanted it, and provided guidance when we needed it. The rooms were very simple, with a t.v, a coffee maker, a table, a mini fridge, and a bathroom, but we like that kind of thing, and it made us all feel much at home. What we really loved about Mt. Royal was the location. It's in the center of it all! near the pier, the carnival, across from the beach, and in walking distances of fantastic restaurants and beach stores. the cleanliness of the motel was fine, not fantastic, but it never got in out way. I would highly recommend this motel for family and friends wanting to have a good time, and not getting easily annoyed with lots of noise- it does get a little noisy at night when you're trying to sleep, and others are awake outside!

Overall a great vacation!

Room Tip: pick rooms near the middle of the motel.
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We sincerely apologize about noise levels. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Thanks,
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I am a repeat customer i just wanted to say i love the service that i get when i go to the mount royal each year .The location is great too I love how its right on the beach!!!!! when I recently stayed i stayed in a renovated room for the first time the renovations were great compared to the much older rooms . I think all the rooms should be renovated. The cleanliness was excellent and the room smelled awesome with a fa-breeze scent absolutely relaxing .I would definitely go back again the continental breakfast is also another plus with the motel thumbs up to that. Like i said it is a great get away to Relax!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I loved staying there but at night the train was loud my family and I got some sleep, But it was worth it because the breakfast there was great. I had a wonderful time visiting the beach, and meeting new people with my family. The kids loved the park there called palace play land, and i enjoyed being so close to our hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a new room
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Me and my family are repeat guests at this Americas Best Value Inn MT Royal. We love coming back here each summer! The rooms are clean, and the staff is so nice. The pool is huge and always crystal clear. The manager is always there and I see him walking the property ( he changes the trash too!). His staff is so friendly and accomodating. My kids love the location. I have read some bad reviews but, I guess we have been lucky. We love it here. I reccomend the Mt Royal very highly!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Thanks,
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I know OOB isn't fancy, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect cleanliness, decent service, and usable facilities when you're paying $200 a night. I stayed at the Mount Royal location with my family in July, choosing it because of its great location, across the street from the amusement rides and the beach. The rooms were appalling. I don't think they've been updated in any way since the 70's. The bathroom floors (we rented two rooms) were cracked, with several tiles missing and revealing a gross under-floor. The rooms looked dirty, and the TVs and blankets literally look thirty years old. The lock on one room was jammed up, and sometimes took a while to open. There are no amenities, like breakfast. The pool is tiny, and I don't think it was even chlorinated, honestly. The only pluses are that I didn't see any bugs inside the room, and being on the second floor gets you a great view of downtown and the ocean. The hotel was booked up, so we couldn't change rooms. Do not stay here, it's a huge waste of money. There are half-decent places downtown for the same cash.

3 Thank SusanMOH
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels