“Best in beach so far”

Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Best in beach so far”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Great room last weekend located in downtown area. Room standard but very clean LCD tv whirlpool tub. Trains station is next door which runs all day. One block to the pier. Had excellent weather and beach is across the street. Very clean soft sand. Excellent sub shop across the street. Try in July as town is just opening up. Motel has free muffins juice coffee in am. We paid 79 bucks.

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We do have many repeat guests who enjoy returning to the Mt Royal every summer! It is our goal to provide a clean, inviting, enjoyable stay. Thank you for letting us know how we are fulfilling our guest's expectations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I have stayed in many hotels throughout my life, and I have never stayed at one this atrocious. I booked the hotel on-line for two nights, and was actually quite excited after reading some comments about it being newly renovated and my room said it would have an ocean view. I opened the door to my room, and immediately I saw a thick, red shag carpet. I knew from that point forward is was going to be interesting. I turned the light on, and the walls were wooden panel from probably the seventies with many holes punched in them. Also nice aspect of the wall is, they're paper thin. There is nothing like the luxury of being able to hear the person on the other side of the wall snoring and having great conversation. When I walked into the bathroom, there was hair in the sink, and I felt like the floor was going to collapse underneath me. I went to turn the heat on, no go. So, sleeping cold all night it was. At 11:30PM at night, I figured I'd just go to bed and it be whatever. I woke up a few times throughout the night, there is a lovely Amtrak track right behind the hotel. Wish I would have know about this sooner.The sheets weren't white, which means no bleach, which naturally, means no guarantee of cleanliness, not to mention the disgusting rug.

The next morning I decided to go take a shower. I pulled the shower curtain open, and I was horrified. There was mold growing in between the tiles in the shower, and what I assume was soap scum built up on the tub. This, I was disgusted by, but I could deal with it. When I saw the shower curtain however, that was it. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Oh, and a quick comment on the ocean view, just because the door to the hotel points towards the ocean, doesn't make it an ocean view, especially when it is blocked by an amusement park. Luckily, I did get to cancel my second night of the stay, and get it refunded to my credit card.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan D

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My friends and i stayed here during the month of July. We had a great time and enojoyed ourselves. The location was great, very convenient beach access and local food. The hotel staff and mangement were very polite and helpful with any questions or directions we had. The rooms were very clean and had enough space for us and our lugage. I am sure we will be back next year. Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melony M
Reviewed 9 September 2011

i am very pleased with my stay at the mount royal motel ; couldnt of been better. I came up from vermont on the weekend of labor day . Absolutely loved the rennovated room my kids and i stayed in . The beach was right across the street it was very convient there also there is a pool located right at the motel. My children had a blast at the arcade and amusement park. The services were very good.We all needed the get away for a while now the mount royal was reasonable for price esp. For the location i would highly reccommend this hotel to my family and friends ; also i will be going back next summer.

• Stayed September 2011
oobmtroyal, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. We do strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience possible! We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again! Thank You!
portland maine
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This is my families third trip to Old Orchard Beach, for an end of the summer vacation. Now granted the property is slightly dated, but for the price and service I dont see why anyone whould dream to go elsewhere. The girls at the front desk made me feel so welcome and cofortable on check in. My room was spotless and my family and I were well taken care of by the two nicest housekeepers i ever met. The only bumer was that the music on the tv didnt work and in past years there were tons of music channels to listen to :( over all though The service was aamzing and so quick to help. other than that it was an amazing trip the pool was sparkeling and bright i loved it and i couldnt have asked for a better time with my family. Thanks seel Y'all next year

Room Tip: Have AAA and be polite they will do what ever they can :)
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
We appreciate your feedback! We do strive to accomodate the needs of all of our guests. We will investigate the wifi troubles you experienced. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I recently stayed at the MT. Royal and I had a blast! My husband and I wanted to take our kids on vacation but wanted some down time of our own, well with the convenience of their location and the list of things to do our kids NEVER got bored which doesn't happen often. The hotel has a wonderful staff who was clean friendly and very helpful. The pool is beautiful and I have to say Really Really clean I don't think I saw one bug or leave for that matter, during our whole stay! and I'll tell you it was hot and the pool was the place to be. The only downfall would be that the rooms look as though the haven't been updated ion years, but as I spoke with the manager I found out that some rooms have been renovated and have already booked my stay for next year. All around This hotel is one of my new favorites and I can't wait to go back for some more fun in the sun next summer!

Room Tip: ask for renovated room if avilable
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate all comments, and look for areas where we can improve. We do have many renovations plans in place, and we hope to implement them soon. Please call us at -----, and we will gladly provide updates, and look forward to planning your return stay with us! Thank You!
Reviewed 3 September 2011

my family and I spent a weeknight in one of the top floor rooms. The location of the mount royal waz perfect for our beach day and downtown shopping. The service and managment were incredibly helpful with all of my questions. I was impressed with the housrekeepers promptness on getting everything we asked for. Definitely going to come back next summer

• Stayed July 2011