“I was SURPRISED!!!”

Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
south of boston
“I was SURPRISED!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

Just like the others I lost sleep a few days before we went. However what a great SURPRISE it was clean and tidy. The bathroom was great. We were on the 2nd floor with a awsome view of the beach across the street. I was great with two small kids because the walk is just seconds to the beach and minutes to the pier and town. I mean it's not a 4 star hotel. It's more like a motel. Which is perfect for it location and uses. Restuarants are with in mins of walking. The staff was very helpful. And we can't wait to go back next year!!!

• Liked — LOCATION!!!
  • Disliked — Pool needs to be painted!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
lowell massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

After reading the reviews over the computer, I really had mixed emotions staying at this place. But, I am really glad that I decided to stay here. All I kept reading was stuff about mold in the rooms. The only thing I saw was the spotless hardwood floors and the flat screen tv. The bathrooms were also suprisingly very clean. What really topped off the stay was the location! It is only about a two-minute walk to square. The motel also has two bars within sight. I also found their room that was designated for brochures very helpful, and when I needed directions, the front desk people did not hesitate to draw out a map for me. My family had a wonderful stay here and I recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable time.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — that I only went for one week instead of two
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

As other reviewers have noted, I was surprised by the negative remarks some people have made. I stayed over the Memorial weekend with my husband and kids, and we had a great stay. The location is perfect if you want to be close to the beach and amusements, and I would recommend it to anyone who comes to Old Orchard Beach to enjoy the summer excitement. We requested one of the remodeled rooms, and it was very clean and comfortable, plus it had a flat screen television which my husband certainly enjoyed! The staff was lovely and helpful, and the Mount Royal definitely earns it's title of "America's Best Value Inn."

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

Me and my friend stayed at the Mt Royal this past weekend, and I just wanted to share my thoughts about this motel. We wanted a "girls night out" and chose the motel due to its central location.
The front desk staff were very friendly and professional. Our room was very clean and one of the housekeepers remarked that the manager had recently put in new mattresses. Our beds were certainly comfortable. There is a train that runs out back behind the motel, but it seems to be like that with all the motels in the area. The view looking across the street to the beach was beautiful. They even had a continental breakfast, which was a nice touch. The motel and the grounds are clean, and the pool was a warm 86 degrees , I was told. I noticed that the manager walked the property a lot and seemed to work alongside with his staff. They seem like happy employees. We will defintely return to stay at the Mt Royal again!

• Liked — cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — train out back
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2007

We stayed there 3 years before this year and it used to be ok.
well not this year there was black mildew on the wall by the bathtub.Also if you plan on cleaning your own room during your stay this is the place to be. If anyone asked me last year if i know
a good place to stay i would have told you at this motel.But after this year i would tell you the place not to stay would be this motel.
DO NOT PICK THIS MOTEL UNLESS YOU LIKE MOLD,DIRTand BUGS.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank wishyouseenit

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

We could handle the train out back (kind of reminded us of an "I Love Lucy" episode"). We could also handle the roller coaster in front (after all, we wanted a place near the center of OOB). And the amenities (microwave, TV, heated pool) were all nice enough. But at night this place turned into an awful nightmare of drunken, out-of-control youngsters, over which even the manager admitted he has no control. "Come in the fall" he told me, "when there's a more mature crowd." That's a quote. Because folks I'm telling you if you want to get a good night's rest (a pretty important feature of a motel or hotel, wouldn't you agree?) this is NOT the place to go. We were assaulted both nights of our just-concluded stay by the sounds of rowdy, drunken young boys and girls carousing all hours of the night and early morning. AVOID THIS MOTEL, NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WANT TO STAY NEAR OOB. That's what happened to me. I really really wanted to be near the center of town, so I booked this dump. Now I understand why there were rooms available so late in the season - the experienced OOB visitors knew better. Now you do, too.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Drunks and bufoons and frat boys and girls
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2007

Though located right near the pier, this hotel was awful. At check in, the pleasant young ladies noted that there was a train station behind the hotel, but that the trains stopped around 9p.m. Not exactly! It came barreling through, whistle and all - at 9 p.m., 10 p.m., midnight, 4 a.m., 5 a.m., etc. Windows are merely glass panels that crank shut but don't block out noise. You'd think being across from the amusement park better windows (soundproof) would be installed. Rooms are dark and dank, old decor. Not worth the price.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family