“Great weekend away”

Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“Great weekend away”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and i stayed at room # 124 . The room was very clean , had all new bedding, keurig coffee maker, mini fridge . Beds were very comfortable and had 4 pillows each - something you don't see too often.
The hotel is right downtown, straight across from the amusement park. Everything is walkable distance which was a huge plus for us .
Everybody was very friendly and accomodating .
I highly recomend the place.
The sandwich shop accross the street is a must !

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Bryantsmass
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review !

We worked very hard this winter renovating all our rooms, replacing all the mattresses , bedding, coffee makers, flooring and furniture .
Reading that you love the new look just as much as we do only motivates us to do even more and more to provide an exceptional service to our wonderful customers !!!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon !

Mt royal management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had a wonderful stay during the long weekend over Columbus Day. The hotel is a little dated, but the location is the best. Draw back is the Train tracks right behind the hotel and the horn at 3 AM from that train woke me up. The beach is right across the street and you can hear the waves break from the room. The rooms are on the small side and could use a little up date. But the staff interaction was great. I had a chance to meet the Manager, Sean, during my stay, he was very accommodating and super nice. I have never been treated so well by the staff as I was here. I will be back because of the staff and I hope to see it a little more up to date when i come back. See you next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

great price and veiw thats all the good points
get ready for the bad
phone didnt work , no staff on duty after 5 pm
emergency phone number for hotel help but without a cell phone the nearest working pay phone was 1/2 mile away
breakfast was between 8 am and 10 am but buy 8 20 no staff had arrived for work
the decore was very 80;s and the bedding was old and worn
will not return here

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank j t

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This motel does even justify one star. Our room#32 was digusting. The batroom had a large amount of floor tiles erupting, the door casing was rotting away. The shower tile had mold in the grout. The beds smelled and had stains on the comforters. The pillows were stained and had not been replaced in many years. The wi-fi did not work our 3 days there. Although advertised the pool was not open and the free breakfast was disgusting.
Do not waste your money here, you can do much better.

Room Tip: Stay away Run the other way
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa S
Phippsburg, Maine, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This past weekend I had booked 2 rooms and asked for them to be ajoined I was told they were too booked to reserve 2 rooms side by side (the room between us was vacant all night )....The rooms were filthy.....nasty man juice on the blankets on all 4 beds...there was dirt in the sheets.....I had to ask for cleaning supplies from the front desk to clean the "Jacuzzi" tub b4 my mom could use it....after cleaning it and rinsing it...the jet when turned on only to blow what looked and smelled like vomit out of them,,,we had no towels and had to ask for them repeatedly...the floors were sticky and I had to attempt to clean the filter in the 1950's ACs b4 we could use them and they were full of mold and mildew......absolutely ridiculous....I actually met several other nice people who had unfortunitly rented rooms too and all were having the same problems....NEVER in my life would I recommend this Dump to anyone oh and the continental breakfast that they advertise does NOT exsist

Room Tip: I would not recommend any of their rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bethany M
Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My mom and I stay here in the same room every year for our girl's weekend and I think this is the best motel on the beach. It's not pricey, (like a Days Inn) and it's not the Hilton, but it's literally across from the beach and Palace Playground (just walk across the road), and it's in the middle of all the hubbub which makes sitting out in front of your room, in the complimentary plastic chairs, and people watching, quite enjoyable. It has an amazing vibe! Every time we go, it's clean, the staff is accommodating, and I've never had a bad experience.

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor, (there's only two); easy access to your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

There was so many issues with this hotel. The first room we were given was room #1. The room had no working lights. Our pillows were old and stained they were no longer white they were brown. Our television didn't work. The add on the website shows flat screen tvs this was a tv from 1980. Our air conditioner smelled and when we checked the filter cover it was covered with mold. There was dust everywhere and holes in the walls. So we went to the office and switched rooms. They give us room #4 . This room was the same. Our lights didn't work. Our towels were wet. We went to the office asked for lights and towels never got them. Went back three hours later still nothing. We went and got our own towels and finally about 7pm we had a dusty lamp put in our room. There were ho les in the wall. Our television was black and white and got three channels. The air conditioner smelled. The pillows were also brown and stained. We had cigarette burns in our comforter. Our door knob was broken and our key didn't work. So my boyfriend had to take the screen off and open the window and go in that way every time we needed to open the door. This hotel was disgusting. The workers were not helpful. Even the manager didn't seem to really care. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone and we will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family