“Just an amazing stay there and the cleaness of Old Orcahrd Beach.”

Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Me and my familey went to Old Orchard beach for vacation and we stayed in the America's best Value Inn- Mt. Royal and the stay is amazing with comfortable beds and even a referigator so if we have food it still can be cold and the staff is amazing, i woke up 1 morning and i saw the MANAGER cleanign up the pool wich is suppose to be the maids wich really suprised me. The hotel is closed to everything too, the beach and the arcades and some resturants too. I recomnd this to anyone goin to Old OrchaRD Beach for vacation.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2009

This was tough to rate - the hotel was average, but the location was EXCELLENT. I stayed 2 nights with my 2 teenage daughters. I was nervous opening our door for the first time after reading some of these reviews, but our room was fine. The tub didn't hold water and the toilet leaned a little bit (room #38), but everything in the room was clean.
It is literally a 1 minute walk to the beach - cross the street, walk through a tiny parking lot, and you're on the sand. There is also a great breakfast place right down the road too.
We had no noise or drunken behavior (were in bed by 11pm at night), though we also stayed on a Monday & Tuesday night.
I haven't been to OOB in 20 years, but I will definitely go back and I will be staying at the same hotel.
We payed $315 for 2 nights in July, 2009.

Reviewed 15 July 2009

I recently took a trip with my family so we could spend some time together as I am going thru chemo and battling cancer. We booked a different motel in Old Orchard Beach, ME and when we arrived we were very dissatisfied. The view was not as we were told. We were not accross from the beach as told. We were accross from train tracks. The place was nothing as described. We cancelled and went over to the Best Value Inn and we couldn't of been any happier. The place was extremely clean, the employees were very helpful and the manager was very accomodating for any of our needs. We were also located right accross from "everything." The beach and the rides were directly accross and the Pier was diagnally accross from us. We sat outside our room and had a great view. We were so happy with this place that we would definitely go back and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I have stayed at the Mt Royal before, and once again, it was a pleasant experience. The room was clean, the staff is friendly, and the motel is close to everything. Just keep your car parked in the lot-you can walk to everything! I will be bringing my family here this summer!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2008

Just like the others I lost sleep a few days before we went. However what a great SURPRISE it was clean and tidy. The bathroom was great. We were on the 2nd floor with a awsome view of the beach across the street. I was great with two small kids because the walk is just seconds to the beach and minutes to the pier and town. I mean it's not a 4 star hotel. It's more like a motel. Which is perfect for it location and uses. Restuarants are with in mins of walking. The staff was very helpful. And we can't wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2008

After reading the reviews over the computer, I really had mixed emotions staying at this place. But, I am really glad that I decided to stay here. All I kept reading was stuff about mold in the rooms. The only thing I saw was the spotless hardwood floors and the flat screen tv. The bathrooms were also suprisingly very clean. What really topped off the stay was the location! It is only about a two-minute walk to square. The motel also has two bars within sight. I also found their room that was designated for brochures very helpful, and when I needed directions, the front desk people did not hesitate to draw out a map for me. My family had a wonderful stay here and I recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable time.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2008

As other reviewers have noted, I was surprised by the negative remarks some people have made. I stayed over the Memorial weekend with my husband and kids, and we had a great stay. The location is perfect if you want to be close to the beach and amusements, and I would recommend it to anyone who comes to Old Orchard Beach to enjoy the summer excitement. We requested one of the remodeled rooms, and it was very clean and comfortable, plus it had a flat screen television which my husband certainly enjoyed! The staff was lovely and helpful, and the Mount Royal definitely earns it's title of "America's Best Value Inn."

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family