I just returned from a business trip to the Bangor Maine area. Seeing it was a 270 ride from my home, I decided to start heading back about 100 miles south and stay at Old Orchard Beach. I haven't been at OOB since 1996. 70% of this beach community looks the same as it did then. OOB is a fun area for bars, beach food, and sun.Although this area in not known for business travel, I thought it would be fun to go back for a night .
I decided to stay at the Sea Cliff House, as it still not being the "in season" , I was able to get a room that fits my company's travel budget. I read some of the prior reviews on TA about the staff being rude. I must say that I spoke with a number of the staff at this motel, and they where nothing but friendly and accommodating.
The Hotel is located on the beach. It is literally a 20 step walk to the ocean. Great location as you are not in the real busy area of OOB , but about a 1/2 mile from the attractions. If you are going in the Summer, this could be helpful, especially as OOB has the reputation as a party place with bands playing all through the night. On this occasion, OOB was very quiet.
The rooms at this hotel are clean, and semi updated,I was imressed that they had WIFI, as I didn't expect it and it, and it gave me the opportunity to work.The rooms where set up as you walk in, there is a futon, TV, and semi kitchen area. As you walk further, there is the bedroom with one double bed. The bed actually was comfortable.
My only imediate suggestions would be to get rid of the bed linens. They had better days back in 1977. Go to Khols on Black Friday and buy 30 double bed covers, for $14.99, and replace the ones they currently use. Again, this motel is not the ideal spot for business, I wanted to just be near the ocean. This motel isn't ideal if you are looking to take your family or significant other for a luxury vacation. However, if you where looking looking for an economical beach motel to party at OOB , and hang out at the beach, this motel would certainly suffice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Cliff House Motel is a beachfront property that has been under the same ownership for over 30 years. We have recently renovated the 3rd floor of our main house building and are proud to announce 2 new suites! (2012) We now have 3 luxury suites on our property. The Grand Suite, The Penthouse Suite and the Saco Bay Suite. Our property also has kitchenette units, jacuzzi rooms and of course ocean view rooms that will take your breath away. We are beachfront, offer a swimming pool and outdoor hot spa. Bring your hamburgers and hot dogs because the grills are located poolside for your convenience. All rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Free wifi and nationwide calling. The suites and kitchenettes are fully appointed. Just bring your clothing and food. NOTE: Only adults 18 & over can enter the hot tub spa ... no children are allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Odigeo so you can book your Sea Cliff House Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Cliff House Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Sea Cliff House And Motel
- Sea Cliff Hotel
- Sea Cliff Motel
- Sea Cliff House Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine