“Nice little gem.”

Sea Cliff House Motel
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night during a long weekend getaway. This is your classic vintage motor court/motel that has been updated and is quite cozy. The location is just steps from the beach. The room was clean and well kept. The location is just a few blocks from the main strip and a short stroll from the pier.

The only complaint we had was that the guest in the room above us had the tv playing all night at a louder volume. We just tuned it out and went to sleep. For our stay, this place fit our needs well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in early June and loved this place. Stayed in one of the famous jacuzzi rooms and found that the photos on the motel's website accurately portray the appearance and dimensions of the room. The jacuzzi had a few weak water jets, but was very relaxing and can fit 2 people if they don't mind getting cozy. Terrific staff was friendly and attentive. Location was right on the beach and our room had a view of the surf and the soothing sound of crashing waves. Price was fair, but not spectacular. I would give this place 5 stars, but was annoyed that smoking is not allowed even on the balcony. Also, the motel was a long walk from The Pier and the main drag of Old Orchard Beach.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hi everybody, I have just returned from a two night stay at the Sea Cliff House Motel and here is my review. I booked this package through Expedia for $89 per night + taxes in double occupancy with a king size bed and ocean views from Saturday May 31st leaving Monday morning. I arrived Saturday afternoon around 3:00 and checking in was a breeze, credit card was charged $100 for incidentals and I was given a key to room number 5 which happen to be directly over the office. The room was a descent size decorated with a Maine feel about it. Fridge, Microwave, Iron, no windows but instead there is a large patio door that leads to a private balcony facing another building, I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed with the view because I thought that when you state ocean view I expected to be directly facing the water, I was facing another building. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked very well and did not make much noise, the reason I am mentioning this is that I had stayed at this hotel several years ago and I had a room on the ground floor that had a window type air conditioner, and it rained one night, all I could hear was the gutter that kept dripping on the air conditioner toc toc toc, which was very annoying. I noticed that all of the air conditioners have been replaced to the outdoor models so that has been taken care of. This hotel has had quite a bit of work done to it in the last years and it shows. From room number 5 you can descend a narrow staircase that leads directly to the pool and Jacuzzi area, very nice and there`s some BBQ`s that can be used. I was there off season and I was lucky to have great weather and this hotel was great for the price I paid. I realize that during peak season a room such as this one can cost you $240 per night + applicable Maine taxes. I`m not sure that I would have felt that I got good value at this price but I understand that the batting season is short and the hotels have to cover for the rest of the year. So for my final question, would I return to the Sea Cliff? Absolutely, except that next time I will not pay the premium to get an ocean view, but rather get lower priced accommodations.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, I suggest you call ahead and make sure that the room has a true ocean vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikealoneathome
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second annual stay. 9 of us planned a weekend stay and came back as we had such a great time last year. The morning of our 2nd day we were in the jacuzzi having fun and a man who claimed to be the manager approached us 3 times to suggest if we didn't like it there we could leave and he would comp the full weekend. We kept asking for his name and he would not give it to us. He was rude and we decided to leave and were charged for the night we stayed even after he said he would reimburse us for the weekend. His unprofessionalism, lack of customer service, and abhorrent rudeness affirmed he could not have been a manager. What manager would have such poor customer relations? Don't let the pretty pictures fool you. Don't waste your money at this place

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Jeanne K
Fran P, Owner at Sea Cliff House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at the Sea Cliff House Motel. Therefore, when the loud and disruptive behavior of one guest or group infringes upon the peaceful enjoyment of the other guests ... it becomes problematic and it is our responsibility to find the least invasive solution immediately. Naturally, our first choice is to encourage better behavior with polite reasoning. However, if we cannot reach a resolution, then our next recourse is to suggest more suitable lodging elsewhere for the sake of preserving the tranquility of the remaining guests.

We certainly do not want to engage in any type of confrontational behavior and we do not want an already unpleasant situation to escalate into a guest’s formal removal, as that would be our very last resort. However, we cannot tolerate any type of disorderly conduct on the premises, especially at the expense of the other guests. We would rather see a difficult individual or group leave than to see our other guests have a less than enjoyable experience during their stay. Generally, we don’t offer refunds. However, we may choose to offer a partial or full refund to a departing guest under extenuating circumstances … this will be determined solely at our own discretion

Reviewed 28 May 2014

have been bringing my granddaughters here for years and have always had great service, staff has always been great and friendly....the owners are very friendly and my granddaughters love bubba(he is the owners dog) i cant say enough good things about this place.....

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only stayed one night at this motel, on our tour up the coast of Maine. It is an older property which has been family owned and well maintained. The property was a wonderful location on the beach. Our room was an ocean side view which was on the second floor, with a small balcony outside the bedroom. The view was from the balcony which also looked mainly at the motel next door. There is no elevator so we took out what we needed for overnight from the suitcases and left them in the car. The room and bathroom was small but adequate for one night. The evening staff was very pleasant and helpful. We were there during the shoulder season and many of the motels and most of the restaurants were closed. We had to travel several miles to find an open restaurant the evening we arrived. No breakfast amenities are offered at this motel. Overall, it was a nice stay and a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stand at this motel for 3 nights, during Memorial Weekend. It was quiet, bed was comfortable, and beach only steps away. It was time away from the craziest of life. I would go there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple