We stayed at the Beach Walk Oceanfront Inn, in the Windsong building, for a few days in August 2011. (I had been to Old Orchard a number of times prior to this trip.)
-The location was great, right on the beach.
-There was guest parking right outside our door.
-There was a pool, right beside our building.
-Breakfast at the Alouette was good.
-The room had a kitchenette.
-Double sliding doors in our room and two little chairs outside the room, so you could sit outside with an oceanview.
-The room was extremey outdated (which is what to expect for a beach-town), but this place needs some TLC.
-The room was very small. We were only 2 in the room, and I don't know how the room could comfortably fit more.
-The room was very dirty upon checking in. Somebody else's used contact lenses were on the bathroom floor, there was used broken up soap bar bits caked to the bathroom floor and wall / foods crumbs all around the base of the bed / ripped comforter on the bed.
-Whenever someone would use the outdoor shower by the pool we could hear the pipes vibrate with a loud sound ('moaning'? -for lack of a better desciptive word) the entire time we were there. At first it was laughable, but that got old really fast.
We called front desk about the state of the room and the pipes. We were told someone would be sent to clean the room or we could check-out. (We were told by another guest that the pipes were an ongoing problem for this motel and that they were not able to fix them in the past.) Seeing as though we wouldn't have had much luck finding another beachfront place to stay at a moment's notice in August, and we were only there for 3 days, we stayed put. Also, we spent our days at the beach, so we weren't going to be spending much of our time awake in the room.
If I were to return to Old Orchard I would stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine