“Well it is on the beach”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and two children and i stayed at the Alouette Beach Resort . This was our 3rd trip to OOB and it won't be our last - but not at this hotel. The beds were as uncomfortable as other reviewers claimed. Almost all the screens had holes or were ripped. The shower head was barely attached. The WiFi hardly worked and when it did it was slower than dial up. The maid service was not wonderful - our soda cans disappeared and one day we found all our garbage and towels left on our porch. The front desk did return our recycling and had the garbage and towels taken away. ( but we had to ask) The pools were wonderful ( we used the indoor pool and the outdoor unheated pool at the Beachwalk)

The location was great - a few steps and we were on the beach - we enjoyed our porch and spent many hours listening to the waves.

For the amount of money that we spent i expected better accommodations

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 8 - the main bedroom had a full sized bed - the second bedroom had a full and a tw...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Alouette Beach Resort

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My mom, myself, my daughter, & my granddaughter (4 generations) stayed at the Alouette in July and we LOVED it! It was absolutley perfect. The staff were so helpful and friendly and welcoming. The room was great with a beautiful view of the ocean. We walked down the stairs, took 5 steps & we were on the beach. Fantastic! Didn't have to move the car for the entire stay. A short walk down the beach & there was the boardwalk/pier/amusement park. Something to do for everyone. I'd go back there right this second without hesitation. Can't wait to vacation there again next summer!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel. Mind you, we always stay at a hotel on the beach, never the same one, every single time we come to Old Orchard. This is our 4th vacation at Old Orchard Beach. We love it. The reason we never stay at any hotels more than once, is because we're never usually satisfied. I like to try all the different places on the beach, for hotel stays, ones that have good amenities. Okay, down to the actual review. There are some pros and cons with this hotel.

PROS:

Staff and maid service were very friendly - favorite maid was Jean! She's awesomely sweet!
Restaurant & Room Service was very good!
Directly on beach, perfect location!
Owners are very accomodating and nice

CONS:

Heated Pool - more like regular outside and non-heated. Was cold - nothing heated about it, couldn't even get into it to swim.

Free HBO - Nothing free about this, it wasn't offered free at all, if anything, we had to pay, and we decided not to, wasn't worth it, considering the false advertising here.

Oceanview Private Balcony - Nothing oceanview about this at all! Flimsy railing, couldn't lean on it, if anything, just to hang clothes, small plastic chairs and extra small table. Nothing oceanview about this scenery at all, more like a small side view. We paid good money for this "private balcony oceanview hotel". Completely false advertising here.

Tv - The volume and power buttons were broke on tv, didn't work with control.

Beds - Just like in another review that I read, the beds were hard and gave me back pain throughout my stay.

Closet - The door was broken

Laundry Services: There were two washing machines and two dryers. One unit of each were broken. Glad I was able to get my money back and use the other unit.

I will never stay at this hotel again, based on all the cons about the place. Even though it's directly on the beach. I might get one that's not a balcony, but the balcony was perfect to hang out wet clothes and a smoking area, but otherwsie, it's nothing I'd be interesting in going into again. I usually read reviews before staying at a place, but that never does me justice. Of all the reviews I've read on several hotels before booking, my review is always the oppossite of theirs.

4  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed in room 22, which is advertised as "modest sized" and "the most reasonably priced units featured at the Alouette Beach Resort". We chose the hotel for the location, and for the price we couldn't have been happier with the location. Close enough to the pier to walk easily, far enough from it to avoid some of the beach congestion. We were able to walk out of our room and on to the sand in seconds. It was so nice to be right on the beach and in a beautiful area of it. The location is great!

We were warned by the website and by the staff at check-in that the room would be "very small", and we were pleased to see on our arrival that there was plenty of room for two to be comfortable for a few days. The bathroom was a tight squeeze, with toilet, sink and shower stall, but we were able to work with it. The water temperature tended to fluctuate while showering.

My one complaint is an important one... The bed. The mattress was old and worn out. You could feel the springs, and the overall surface area of the bed even appeared to slope to one side. Crooked, creaky and uncomfortable is a good way to describe it. Sleeping in it was painful. We only stayed 2 nights, so much like the small bathroom, we made it work.

We had breakfast at the cafe one morning, and the food and coffee we both great.

Overall, the hotel could use some updates, but the staff was friendly at check in/out, and the location is great. I'd ask if there have been any mattress upgrades before I'd stay again, but other than that, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds in the room you are choosing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Just came back from a wonderful stay in room 10 at the Alouette! The room has the best deck in OOB. The hotel has a hidden gem in the owner Fred. We decided to stay an extra night and he was very accomodating to get us a room on a Friday night with no notice! The cafe on site has some great breakfast specials and the prices are very reasonable. I cannot wait to go again next year and see the new rooms they are building. I have stayed there the past 5 years and will continue in the future.Thank you Fred for another great vacation!!

Room Tip: Room 10 is fairly large and has a huge deck that oversees the oceam!
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the wind song right on the beach. Perfect for a family to enjoy the ocean and be nice and close to your room. While the room was nothing spectacular it was just right for our needs. Waking up to the view of the ocean is priceless! Was able to walk the beach early e very morning with my girls and enjoy watching people with their dogs enjoying the waves. Knowing g they are pet friendly is a huge plus and will bring my pups next time. Couldn't get the tv To work but really didn't care as we were so tired after all the days activities. This place is close to everything . Staff was friendly. Will definitely be back!! Thanks for making our stay so memorable.!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at the Alouette Beach Resort on June 18th and 19th ,2012. The reason we chose this motel was because of their pet friendly policy. We were very pleased to be able to include Riley, our beautiful golden retriever in our travel plans. I had stayed here with a friend in 2000 when John Kennedy had just purchased the property and we found the room to be rather shabby. However this time I was pleasantly surprised by the accomodations in a pet friendly room ( #30). The floor was ceramic tile ( not old shag carpet). The kitchen area has obviously been renovated. We were so close to the beach! All in all we found it to be a very pleasant place to stay. We plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family