There is more than one property at this hotel. 1-brand new milliom dollar resort 2-1940's resort and 3-somekind of condo/cottages we could not
Find. We stayed in the original hotel. Good things-u r on the beach and the room was clean. End of good things. Here is the rest of the story-its a LONG walk to town if u r here for the boardwalk. The place is full of people who sit outside their rooms in groups drinking beer and lounging, which was a bit uncomfortable. There is no feeling of privacy. This place is old. All of the floors are seriously crooked, torn faded nylon rayon bedspreads, flat pillows, old furniture. The bathroom was clean but the sink it falling apart, the shower boards r seperating. The window airconditioner worked but its loud, it blows directly on ur face and smells vagely of something like cabbage or sewer (but outside air smelled fresh that is not the smell of the beach). This would all be reasonably acceptable for the beach access BUT its wayyyyy over priced. I have never been this disappointed with a hotel in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine