I had called the day before we arrived to confirm our reservation which was fine. I also double checked on what the girl told me when I made our reservation that we could arrive early and get a car pass to park and use the pool or beach when we arrived. I had told her we would probably be there around 9:30-10 and was told the day before we arrived that still would be no problem.
Well, that was not true. We arrived at 9:30 and I would say I was not treated very well. The gentleman at the front desk told me that there would be no way I could park here and use the beach. I said I have an 8 year old in the car that is dying to go to the beach. And I explained to him what I was told on 2 separate conversations. He told me it would have to be after 12pm. Which I said I would not have come earn if I didn't confirm it. He was not very pleasant to work with. He did allow us to stay but you could tell he was not happy.
After we got settled on the beach I went back to the office and apologized. Which I really didn't need to do. He didn't care that I did that.
We checked in a little early and he gave us no information. Had no idea on the hours of the pool or check out time. So I thought that would be in the room but it wasn't.
I will be my best not to stay at this hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine