“Unfriendly service when we arrived early..”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“Unfriendly service when we arrived early..”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I had called the day before we arrived to confirm our reservation which was fine. I also double checked on what the girl told me when I made our reservation that we could arrive early and get a car pass to park and use the pool or beach when we arrived. I had told her we would probably be there around 9:30-10 and was told the day before we arrived that still would be no problem.
Well, that was not true. We arrived at 9:30 and I would say I was not treated very well. The gentleman at the front desk told me that there would be no way I could park here and use the beach. I said I have an 8 year old in the car that is dying to go to the beach. And I explained to him what I was told on 2 separate conversations. He told me it would have to be after 12pm. Which I said I would not have come earn if I didn't confirm it. He was not very pleasant to work with. He did allow us to stay but you could tell he was not happy.
After we got settled on the beach I went back to the office and apologized. Which I really didn't need to do. He didn't care that I did that.
We checked in a little early and he gave us no information. Had no idea on the hours of the pool or check out time. So I thought that would be in the room but it wasn't.
I will be my best not to stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Kelly B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Three Forks, Montana
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our first time traveling to OOB, so we relied on other reviews from tripadvisor to book our stay. So glad we payed attention to the reviews on Alouette! We truly feel like we found the best place on the beach! We stayed in one of the studio rooms that literally opens up to the beach. It was the perfect location with the beach just seconds away! It was recently remodeled and was clean and modern. The staff was always friendly and the breakfast provided at the cafe was just right. Can't say enough about the location, the room and the staff! If we ever get back to OOB we will be staying at the Alouette!

1 Thank 91JulieM68
Bath, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 June 2014

what a nice surprise....the suites in the lower level are very roomy and nice...little surprise was the cooktop and dishes...Very clean unit! Staff was very helpful. Restaurant was fast and friendly. (not complimentary during busy season we found out). Had adjoinging rooms which was nice...Beach is just a few steps away..Loved it would recommend.

1 Thank Blondieinbath
Livermore
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a typical OOB lodging experience. Nothing great but definitely livable for a couple days. Room is average size, small kitchenette area, small newer tv and literally 1 minute from the beach. Room needs a good thorough cleaning once in a while but it wasn't too bad other than the smushed spider on the ceiling that looks like it's been there a little while. Noticed it right when I walked in first day so a cleaner who takes pride in what they do should have seen it. I am not a critic of beds but the bed here was horrible. First time ever I have woke up with a back ache from sleeping. Would definitely be an area for improvement. The only other issue was our door not locking unless you lift up on the handle. You wouldn't notice unless you push on the door after you close it, oceanview room #37. Cleaners were not aware of issue so when they left our room during our stay the door was left unlocked. Thank goodness all of our electronics were still there. It was a little strange that the cleaners folded our clothes that were left out as well. You must keep in mind that I am one of those people who don't like cleaners in my room during a stay, however there wasn't a sign for us to leave on the door asking them not to clean. If you are looking for an oceanview room pls ask for 2nd floor. Our oceanview was on the first floor and had no view of the ocean. I must also add I booked my room on orbitz for $200 for the entire weekend so it was perfect for the price in OOB. However I probably wouldn't pay the $200 per night that they charge on their website.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you want an ocean view. New building alouette suites looks beautiful!!
2 Thank Rose D
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Love the feel of the sand and ocean water on my paws! My Mom kows the best spot and that is the Alouette Beach Resort at Old Orchard Beach In Maine. Every morning we go walking on the beach and watch the sunrise! It's so beautiful and breath taking! Their restaurant has a variety of breakfast and lunch options - but I love the pot fries! Try them - they are delicious.

3 Thank Natalie L
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Alouette has been our favorite for years and each time gets better. Kudos to the staff for cleanliness of the rooms and for always providing a warm atmosphere. Love the fountain and flowers which add such a lovely touch. The Alouette is certainly our home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful newly built building. > >Very clean < <. Friendly staff. Breakfast was very good(staff made you feel at home) We liked it so much we reserved again for September. We arrived late and it was not a problem.

Room Tip: Reserve early--rooms are rented very quickly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple