“We love it here!”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We bring our family every year and have been for several years now. Found it by chance online!!! We love it here. Far enough away from the pier to have a less crowded beach but close enough for an easy walk! We love our beachfront room and have our children and grandchildren in a 3 bdrm apartment in the building just behind us! Already made our 2015 summer reservations. We also came this past February for a valentines special weekend and that was fabulous as well!!! Thanks Fred and Ann and staff! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first trip to Old Orchard Beach with my family and another family. Stayed 2 nights. The Alouette was not our first choice but it was where we could get two rooms only in the "old" section.
Location: Right on the beach and the beach was a lot less crowded then down by the pier. Proximity to pier was great, probably about a 15 min walk.. doable with the kids. Great location.

Room: DATED. I expected it would not be in wonderful shape from reading other reviews on Trip advisor, but Wow.. I felt like I was in the 50's. Extremely dated bed spreads, furniture, rug, bathroom tiny and old. Linens on beds and towels awful. I've traveled a lot and this was the first time I woke up with back and shoulder pain. I will say that the room appeared clean and it was nice to have a refrigerator. Wifi spotty. For the amount of money we spent on this room I would have expected something nicer. I'm surprised that the owners don't spend a little bit of money to update these rooms a bit. I would have loved to have seen the new updated suites.

Pool: Indoor pool, small but the kids enjoyed it.

Overall For the money I spent and the condition of the furnishings I can't give this more than a fair. Again.. great location.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank tuliplvr22
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great stay last week at the Alouette. We chose it sight unseen from their website because it was right on the beach and was also dog friendly.
The room was fine, very clean with a well equipped kitchenette and we were about 5 steps from the beach and could hear the waves all night. The Alouette also offers very modern and beautiful ocean front suites, brand new, that are gorgeous, I had a look just in case for next year, but unfortunately the fancy suites are not dog friendly.

Every morning my doggie and I were able to take our morning walk right along the ocean, it was just lovely.

The Alouette has a great little coffee shop that offers a wonderful breakfast with delicious home made coffee cakes and blueberry pancakes and muffins, not to be missed! And they even do a BBQ at lunch time right on the beach.
The owners and staff could not have been more warm and welcoming, I felt like I was truly a guest and not a customer.
We cannot wait to go back there next year!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach so you can hear the waves all night!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed two nights in mid-July. Probably the best thing about the hotel was Gabriel, the young man at the front desk. He was polite and helpful, always had a smile, and genuinely cared. He is a gem. Our room (56) in the older building to the south was somewhat outdated but clean and had a partial ocean view from the balcony. We weren't there to stay in the room anyway, the beach was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better weather. WiFi was hit or miss. There restaurant made great pancakes and the employees were all friendly and courteous. Would stay here again without hesitation. All good and no surprises.

Room Tip: Talk to Gabriel or Fred..
2  Thank 2budz
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in the new section and it was very nice. Great little deck overlooking the beach.
The staff was accommodating and the place was kept very clean. Great access to the boardwalk. I will be back again in 2015

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A project client asked me to locate and recommend a place "on the beach in Old Orchard Beach, Maine" for best value, best location, best convenience, ....." Found the Alouette Beach Resort through a friend, met the owners, house keeping and cafe' staffs. Highly professional, personable, and accommodating in nearly every respect. Very clean rooms, despite sections fairly old. Very nice renovated sections. A great location for access to beach, the central Old Orchard Beach area, and general travel by foot or vehicle. A solid value for costs, good breakfast onsite for very good prices, and very nice staff. The owners are updating each section of the property and they are highly personable to a variety of requests to guests. If your searching for the quintessential O.O.B. experience of beach and area attractions - this is definite stop. My client enjoyed the visit as well. It will be a 5 star rating when the updates are completed and the staff, cleanliness, and service make it worthwhile now.

Room Tip: Obviously the closer to the water, the newer section is best - but value wise the older sections are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank gryphonskymaster
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Alouette was a clean and comfortable place to stay in Old Orchard Beach. Although the furnishings are rundown in the way of many of the area properties, the housekeeping staff did an extraordinary job of maintaining cleanliness. At similar hotels I have stayed at, the furniture often felt sticky, but not at the Alouette. The bed was comfortable, the bedding was adequate and the staff was friendly. If you want to stay right at Old Orchard Beach, I highly recommend the Alouette.

1  Thank VFJ79