We've vacationed in OOB in the spring and fall for about 8 years now. This was our first stay at Alouette. I read where they accepted dogs so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The owners were very friendly and inviting. I had read reviews on Trip Advisor and viewed the website. We decided to go up for 3 nights to check it out before booking for a longer stay in October.
We had room 30 and we were happy with it. It was as pictured and was clean. I read a negative review regarding the bathrooms. Ours was indeed tiny but we did not find that to be a problem. Basically it had a toilet and shower stall and that was it. Yes, the sink was outside of the bathroom along the wall. It is petitioned off from the kitchen area. Again, we did not have a problem with this setup. I was concerned at first that there was one sink in the kitchen area when first reading reviews but this was not the case. There are 2 separate sinks. Kitchen area was fine. Full size fridge, good sized microwave and a 2 burner stove, toaster and coffee maker.
The grounds were spacious and well kept. The beach is literally a stones throw away. The section we were in was in the back and you face a stockade fence but you still have a side view of the ocean. Also a great setup for walking the dog. We actually enjoyed the privacy this location provided. It is a very short walk to the beach and Old Orchard Beach has always been my favorite. It is gorgeous. The added bonus here at Alouette is the indoor pool. Very nice. Also a small cafe on the premises.
Of the beach front motels we have been to this is our favorite. Again, I don't know what people expect from a beach front motel. We travel in the off season and with our dog. We could not ask for more for $59.00 a night plus $7.50 for the dog. For my money worth every penny. We had a great time and have already booked for 10 nights in October.
Thank you Fred and Anne Kennedy for providing such a nice spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine