“Fantastic location! ”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Taunton, MA
“Fantastic location! ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

#1 Reason for booking would be location. 90 degree pool on property, easy walk on beach just past the pool for 68 degree ocean...lol.. (so cold) #2 Fantastic beach! No rocks and very smooth as tide goes out. #3 5 min walk to pier for food, shops and amusement park. I guess this would still fall under location.... Now the room... Nice room with large bathroom. We rented the kitchenette room. 3 night stay and sheets were not changed. They always felt like there was sand in them. Small uncomfortable beds. Wifi was down for 2 of the 3 days we were there. When they got it fixed it was a week signal but if you took your device up to the deck it was strong there. All in all I would stay here again because of the location. It's worth the sacrifice of the "ok" room. Kitchenette was very convenient. Bought a box of cereal and bread for toast and sandwiches. Kept the soda nice and cold in the fridge. Only went out for dinner. Rockos was the best pizza in my opinion. I like the NY style thin crust myself. Lisa's had much thicker dough if that's your preference. Had a great time at the amusement park and went there on a Thursday night to catch the fireworks (which were fantastic). Buy discount ride all day passes at hotel next door (Colonial). Great parking plan at this hotel. Always a spot open for you so you weren't afraid to leave and come back worried you wouldn't be able to find a spot.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheilao918
Pierre J, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thanks for your review and we appreciate your feedback. We understand how important the internet connection is to all of us. We are diligently working with our vendors to improve the strength and signal of our WIFI and recently we have seen positive improvements. Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Woburn ma
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just came home from a two night stay with my husband and our teenagers. Let me start by saying how happy I am to have stayed here. Other family members have raved about this place but I am a wait till the last minute kinda gal and when I called two different times they were booked solid. We made other plans at another area place but tried The Edgewater one last time and they had an opening that came up. I am so thrilled we got to go here. The place is exactly what more people want on a vacation. Clean, beautiful rooms, comfy beds spotless!!! And I am one of those that totally checks everywhere for any signs of buggy things. The grounds of this place are breathtaking, you truly feel you are somewhere exotic and wonderful. Right on the beach, perfect location. I met the owner Pierre the day we were leaving and he was super nice. What a place I miss it already. Next year I am calling early and booking more days. And last thing, I always recheck our rooms to make sure we didn't leaving anything behind. First time I didn't and my daughter a few items there. The hotel mailed to us before we even had a chance to realized we left them behind. If you want a beautiful place, super, clean, great price this place is for you!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robzip
Pierre J, Owner at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Wow! We really are happy we met your expectations. Thank you for those compliments. We are trying to improve our property and our hospitality each year. We want your vacation to be a relaxing experience. Thanks Again
Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I vacationed to Old Orchard for three nights with my husband and another couple at the Edgewater. From start to finish, it was a fantastic weekend. Check in was easy and quick. The room was perfectly clean and neatly decorated. I love that it had hardwood floors - perfect for a beachfront hotel. We stayed in room 7, which was right in front of the pool. It was a nice room, but did not have an ocean view. We booked in May, so most of the hotel was booked for July by that time. We didn't have a choice. I hope to return next time with my kids, and would like a second floor room on the end (I think it was room 20 and 21, but I am not sure.)

The location of this hotel was PERFECT. You are literally ON the beach and the walkway to the dunes is in the parking lot. It is also less than half a mile to the pier, so it is easy to get to the action if you are into that sort of thing. We went as an adult weekend, and frequented the downtown area bars and restaurants, but I would not hesitate to bring my kiddos here. It is close to everything, but far enough away that it is quiet at night and you are not surrounded by a bunch of partiers. We were very pleased.

The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were very clean. Our room did not get cleaned the second day, but we had the privacy mark up a lot of the day for sleeping in and our friends taking a nap.

The pool is very small, but heated and so nice after boogie-boarding in that ice cold ocean. There is also a second floor deck with awning and chairs, which is really nice for chatting or reading while enjoying the ocean view and breeze. Parking is not great, but there was always a spot for us. Sometimes we had to direct the driver how to exit the tight spot while exiting, but that was the worse of it. What to do you expect?

Overall, our experience was EXCELLENT and I would only stay at the Edgewater should I return to OOB. The only downside is that there is a 3 night minimum in the summer. I understand it, but it is a bummer. We had so much fun in July that we wanted to return in August for one night with the kids. Unfortunately we don't have the money or time off for 3 nights. :(

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the end facing the ocean. I haven't been in those rooms, but it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
Pierre J, Owner at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for your review of our property, Susan. We appreciate your observations and comments. I just wanted to pass along that we do occasionally accept reservations for less than 3 nights provided that they fit between existing reservations.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just returned from another weeks stay at the Edgewater and as always I only have positive things to say. From check in to check out everything is flawless. When you stay at the Edgewater time and time again you feel like part of the family. Pierre, John, Jean, Larry are all great people. They are always happy to help you and answer any questions you may have. Rooms are always clean. Parking is never issue which is a big plus at OOB. And since they are right on the beach it is great to be able to walk back and forth to your room. A+ place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hali3
Pierre J, Owner at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our property and many thanks for your positive feedback.
Creston, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed several days at this motel. Very nice, well kept facility with staff that treat you very well.
They have a pool and are located right on the beach. This is an exceptional place with New England charm.

Room Tip: The second floor offers ocean views.
Green Features: There is a gardener so that means not every square inch of turf is paved. I saw solar panels and energy saving devices in use.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AdirondackTom
Pierre J, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks for your positive feedback. Our focus is always to improve. We'll pass on the good words to our gardener, Larry
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've just returned from a weekend at The Edgewater and could not be happier with our experience. Everything from the spacious, beautifully decorated oceanfront room to the remarkably helpful and pleasant staff made this weekend better than we could have even hoped for. A special "thank you" to Pierre at the front desk. His warm, friendly demeanor was the icing on the cake for a fantastic weekend. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I travel to Old Orchard Beach several times a year, summer and winter! When I go and it is not the peak season I always stay at the edgewater! First because it is open year round and because of the location and the cleanliness of the property! It is an awesome place to stay! The only reason why I do not go there in the summer it's because it is a bit expensive... But if you dont care about the price... go for it!! it worth every penny spent! The staff are very nice and helpful! I love this place!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple