“Great Location, Coffee at Your Doorstep”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
White Lamb Cottages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Cottage 1 while bringing our son up to Bates College in Lewiston. This was a remarkable find and it was perfect beach weather. We were as close to the ocean as we were when we stayed in a cabana in Tulum, Mexico! The bedroom is comfortable and the coffee/pastry delivered with newspaper to your door at 7:30 a very nice feature. The place is clean but still needs some updates: hooks torn off wall in bathroom, shaky sink, an a stovetop that click-clicked all night need attention. I'm hoping this was simply the end of a busy summer season and that everything will be tiptop by next August.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALSOSAVVY

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Our travels through Quebec and Maine ended in this wonderful place. Being from California, I was not sure of what to expect from beaches in Maine, of all places. Well, we were so surprised at how beautiful everything was. In looking for a place to stay, I was seacrching for a unique place that was not in the row after row of Motels. The White Lamb was a property that kept my eye and was pleased so see it was available during the very busy tourist season. We were in Cottage 4. When we walked in everything was neat and clean and very charming. Though our cottage was about the size of a larger hotel room, the ameneties were great to have. There was a small kitchen area with ample dishes and cook ware, nothing was missed, as well as a cozy table and sitting area.The living room area had a futon sofa that could be pullled out into a double, I think, but we left it as the sofa and was more then adaquate for my 17 year old son to sleep on without pulling it all the way out. The bathroom, though a bit compact was more then ample. Hand held shower head and a small bathtub. The bedroom was very nice and a perfect size. The decor in the cottage was inviting, it was very clean and crisp and homey all in the same breath.One of the ammenities is a pastry basket with coffee and news paper delivered each morning on your doorstep. The location of the property is maybe 3/4 of a mile to the pier and all of the activitiy, A very pleasant walk. Driving, if you prefer, is only a couple of minutes and we had no problem parking. The cottages were only about 1/2 a block, if that, to the beach. Event though there was not a pool, there was a jacuzzi on site. The other guests that we saw when we were there included couples, families and a group of gal friends having a group trip, so I would recommend this property to anybody.I would not hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travelagentontrips
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Pros: Very close to beach, clean, good location to town. Owners are there when you need them but not in your face. Morning goodies always on time. Cottage was tight for me and my kids. The kitchen was very small, however it was clean and I was with my family. It's not the hilton but with a private cottage 1 block from the beach at fair rates I was happy.
Con's : as mentioned a little tight. Old Orchard is definitely a tatoo and tshirt type of beach town a little run down but good for a visit in late summer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank richlinda999
Reviewed 2 October 2011

we planned a quick get away to old orchard beach&found the site for white lamb cottage's .And where so happy we did what a wonderful &cozy place to stay,we stayed in cottage #8 it was very clean and had everything we needed&then some ,we awoke every morning to a basket of muffins&fresh coffe along with the morning paper,delivered to our door step by a helpful&friendly man named bill who was more then happy to help us out with local dinning&points of intrest ,we loved our stay so much that we extended our stay&wish we could have stayed even longer ,we are thinking of coming back for christmas time&next summer too.we will make white lamb cottages our little get away for years to come

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank treehugger1995
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My wife & I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom unit at the White Lamb & had a wonderful
stay. The property looks like it was recently renovated They did a great job.
Its set up with a retro 50's look. Very clean & comfortable. Has a nice common outdoor
patio area set up with wrought iron furniture with umbrellas. We sat ther both days
with our complimentary carafe of coffee & fresh doghnuts or pastries which was delivered with a morning paper promptly at 7:30 both days. Nice touch. You could tell alot of thought
and care is put into this property. Over the last 30 years we've stayed in alot of different
properties in OOB, this is definitely one of the best. Thank You Bob & Collen

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paint1056
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I just returned from a quick trip to Old Orchard. White Lamb Cottages is a great place to stay clean, cozy .Keep in mind there is no housekeeping on site so if you need something that is not there they have to drive to bring it to you. We were missing soap in the bathroom and the remote for the T.V. when I called housekeeping she seemed a little put out since they had to drive it to us. I went and bought some soap myself We will probably stay again it's a,great location made so that made up for lack of service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mamdog1006
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My family has spent summer vacations in the Saco area for over 40 years - our usual vacation spot changed owners and we'd been on the lookout (unsuccessfully) for a new place to stay for the past few years. Every place we tried just didn't measure up to our prior experiences. What luck to find the White Lamb Cottages!! The cottage we stayed in (#2) was spotless - with all the amenities - including air conditioning (a rarity in cottages in Maine). The basket of pastries, coffee and newspaper on the porch every morning was such a treat. And just steps to the beach - fantastic! It's a nice shady property and you can hear the waves from your front door. We loved being able to stroll to Ocean Park or take a longer walk to Old Orchard Beach for some good old Honky Tonk Carnival fun. We stayed just before the start of High Season and it was so peaceful and quiet. We are already looking forward to our next stay at the White Lamb.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family