“Great Spot in Old Orchard Beach”

Friendship Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Spot in Old Orchard Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place was a great setup for my family. Our two young kids slept fine on the pull-out couch. The pool is great - even when it was 60F outside and raining the kids enjoyed it. You are steps from the beach (and it's a very nice one and not too crowded even on the 4th of July) and the pool is right outside the door. The staff was friendly and helpful - there is a decent selection of DVDs you can borrow for free at the front desk. Also they let us hang out past the checkout time and use the pool and showers/changing room, which was nice since the best weather was of course the day we were leaving.

4 Thank Ken E

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pelham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I decided to go away for an unplanned vacation in July. I researched Old orchard Maine and came across The Friendship inn. I likes what I saw on line and decided to book a couple of nights.
Upon arrival we were thrilled with what we found, A very clean inn with a very friendly front office. After check in we went to our room and were pleasantly suprised with what we found! A very clean cut 2 room suite. well equipted. The bathroom was small but it was very clean. We were very pleased. AS we enjoyed the afternoon and relaxing we went out for dinner. upon returning we sat outside on the deck watching the ocean and the moon and stars. The only draw back was being a smoker I would have perfered being on the lower level. In the morning I contacted theoffice and was please when they told me they had an opening on the lower level. as soon as the occupants checked out they get the room ready for use quickly. They even helped us move our belongings. Now I decided I wanted to sat a third night so back to the office i went. again they were quick to try to try to satisfy me. My room had been reserved by request for that night but the room next door was going to open up. The occupants were from Canada and were checked out by 8AM and again we were in within and hour ! What a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George B
Berlin, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I visited Old Orchard with a good friend of mine last month. We were without husbands and looking to have a good time. The hotel was okay, no Hilton, but in a great location. Not a party place, family orientated. I did not have a car at my disposal and called the front desk for help and to my surprise and my old time friend's, the girl at the front desk, said "I can give you a ride". April gave us a ride to the store to pick up a not so essential --- essential... Our rooms were cleaned up everyday and if we asked for something it was provided. We did wish, however, that shampoo and conditioner were provided. Our overall review is good, it was clean, quiet, the view was breath-taking and to our surprise the people seemed to care and take notice. Thank you for a wonderful little get-a-way with my old friend Maple.

Room Tip: The rooms on the North side--- Its the sunny side all afternoon
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank samantha m
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our family rented one of the Friendship Beachfront condos at the end of June. The facility was perfect, better than we ever expected. Newly refurbished, clean, beautiful. Expensive but if budget is less an issue, this can't be beat. 2 bedrooms and pull-out, new a/c's in bedrooms, new appliances, all new floors & windows, bbqs, nice deck overlooking Beach - located right next to hotel. It rained the entire time we were there, but at least we had a great place to stay! Will definitely be back. Didnt have much need to see much of the staff, but the interaction we had was pleasant and helpful. Will post pics soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelDad33
Johnson County, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This clean, comfortable and well located motel was a step back in time to my youth. It was a place for multi-generational familes to gather for surf, sand and relaxation. The staff was very accomodating. A great time was had by all.

1 Thank BBobReally
Morrisville, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

the excellent:
customer service!
The owner initiated giving us a cot because we were traveling with 2 adults and 2 teens, and he knew the double couch was too small for two people.
When there were problems, the staff responded pleasantly, professionally, and quickly: fixed the wifi that was spotty; gave us a plunger for the stopped toilet, gave us filters for the coffee maker; when we smelled smoke coming up from the room downstairs, the staff were courteous and professional, and the smell disappeared almost immediately!
Cleaning staff quick and very good
Location! right on the beach
just a mile from boardwalk--far away to be quiet
refrigerator really nice size; microwave and toaster helped with meals
The very good:
rooms were surprisingly large--both living room and bedroom. Two tvs, but tv in bedroom didn't get as many stations
balcony a really nice size (although would prefer privacy borders like in other hotels)
Pool nice--a bit too warm for my preference.
A couple of issues:
The bathroom is not only tiny but the shower is unacceptably small. I'm only 5'2' and not fat, and I had a hard time maneuvering. AT LEAST put some more holders for soap/shampoo in the shower.
There was a musty smell when we first arrived--from the air conditioner. Dissipated over time, but not completely.
No toiletries except for soap--why not shampoo, lotion?
Overall very enjoyable and highly recommend

Room Tip: choose second floor. The extra cost is worth the privacy
5 Thank carefultraveler2014
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My family (four of us total) stayed 3 nights at the Friendship in early July 2013. We booked the Friendship on the advice of a friend who visits OOB every year. We loved the location of the Friendship, the wonderful staff, the beautiful pool and the beach. We had a suite on the ground floor close to the beach, which was perfect for making trips back and forth between the beach, pool, and the room for breaks. The room's furnishings were very basic, but extremely clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was a great feature - we kept food, drinks and snacks in the fridge and were able to eat breakfast and lunch in the comfort of the room. We enjoyed sitting outside our sliding door on the porch, and we also were close enough to walk to the bustling part of OOB, yet far enough away that it was very peaceful and got quiet at night by 10pm. We will return!

2 Thank LauraF684