“Not Friendship”

Friendship Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“Not Friendship”
Reviewed 18 September 2005

When I stay at an oceanfront motel, the only noise I want to hear is the ocean, not the people next door or outside the room. There should be some kind of noise insulation put in this motel.
A footnote to my stay there.
We paid for 2 nights. On the 1st night my wife and I received a call that there was a death in the family. My wifes mother was distraught, so we wanted to be by here side, so we checked out the next morning.
At that time we were told that there would be no refund.
Is this friendship from the Friendship Inn. You would think that in certains situations, there would be some kind of a refund policy. From now on I will pay for one night at a time, and it will never be a a Friendship Inn.
Shame on you!

• Stayed September 2005

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed 21 August 2005

Great hotel for families with young kids. People come back year after year, and there are lots of grandparents present as well. This is not a singles environment. But if you're looking for a place to bring little kids, with a safe clean pool and set back far enough from the ocean, this is it. Managers were very nice. We'll be back next year. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank spinnakerjoe
Reviewed 16 August 2005

This was our 5th year staying here. The view and beach are incredible! The property grounds are impeccably clean as so is the rooms! We are a family of 5 and will be going back years too come!

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2005

First time at the Friendship and we loved it. Very clean rooms and a great pool. We really enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and watching the ocean. It is a great family place with a very friendly staff. Our kids cannot wait to come back next year.

Reviewed 21 July 2005

Lets just say that I would've paid the same money to sleep on the beach with a sleeping bag. Unfortunately our plans were last minute so we were forced to stay at one of the "less desirable" of our lodging choices. To be honest I may book tonight for next year just so we get our first choice. The room smelled of smoke and liquor, and more than just a little, the beach was right there, but I nearly got splinters walking back from the beach, due to their unkept motel.

As I said in the caption I wish I would've stayed in the car or bribed a nicer motel for a last minute room closer to the pier. Although the staff was very nice, the friendship is definitely not my friend. They were far from the pier, the rooms were old, smelly and not what I wanted during my stay in old orchard, next time it will be west grand for me!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2005

We had originally booked elsewhere and checked out within 4 hours...and lost over 500.00 in the deal....we drove down the beach and found this place...it was clean, bright and well maintained...the owners showed us a room before we checked in and offered me an aspirin since it was obvious that I had had a terrible day with the "other place"...the rooms were bright and cheery, clean and comfortable...we were happy...the beach was clean and uncrowded and the pool and patio area are well-kept....plenty of seating. plus with a guest laundry as an added bonus...it is a family atmosphere with many repeat-customers... the daily maid service is a bonus..the staff is friendly....I would whole heartedly recommend this place....we ended up extending our vacation two days and they accomodated us with no problem...we are already planning on returning next year......and we will be staying here.....

Reviewed 18 May 2005

I've taken my family to the Friendship Motor Inn for 4 summers now, and I'm definitely planning on going back as many times as possible. Even during busy July my stay was enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful, and were truly happy to have us as their guests. The rooms were great. Two room suites, which is great if you have any little ones with you. Maid service everyday was very helpful. Everyone there seemed very family-oriented and glad to be in Old Orchard for the summer. Great view. Right on the beach. Very relaxing. I highly recommend the Friendship if you are in the Old Orchard Beach area.

Stayed July 2004