“Its ok not the best not the worst” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Norman's Motel

Norman's Motel
Ranked #42 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Bethlehem, NH
“Its ok not the best not the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had no choice, I wanted to take my family to the beach for just a couple of days. I booked it and then read the reviews. I was really worried and I prepared myself. Well I didn't have anything to worry about. Our rooms were clean. Sheets, towels bedspreads all clean. I looked because I brought extra believe it or not. Here's the thing. Its a beach motel. They are all the same from Maine to Key West. Salt and sand wear on a place. It was comfortable, clean and the location was good. It was on the trolley line and we had no issues with the rooms. I actually made a mistake and booked a double room, I thought it had two double beds and it didn't they fixed it without a hassle and were very kind about it. It was my own mistake. They cleaning crew asked everyday if I needed more towels or anything else. The hotel is pet friendly for small animals and the there was plenty of room to walk my little dog. The Wi-Fi is pretty bad though and the traffic going up and down the stairs at night gets a little loud but it was fine.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs if you are bothered by noise from the second floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wlhsl

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shirley, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

first I want to say we first went to Normans with my now 30yr stepson 22 years ago. it was a nice family place with lots of kids who LOVE THE POOL AND JACUZZI. it was not fancy then and is not now... but for a family of 4 or 6 its was great budget motel. the carpet has always been old but the kids would run from pool to room freely getting it all wet anyway. I agree the rug should be replace it is gross but again you get what you pay for where your shoes inside if you don't like it I did this time..... there are no cockroaches. and there has never been any cockroaches that I know of. the bedding is good enough to sleep in bring your own if you want. the beds are kinda weird on box type frame but I also stayed at the alloutte for a week in June to be close to the water and there beds where no better for $300.00 night which is all I am paying for.. and the pool and jacz open until 10.00pm so after the rides we take a dip before bed. in the past 3 or 4 years Norman has updated the place by painting all the rooms and outside he has added the backyard bonfire and BBQ with swings the kids love the smores we make now.. so he has done some improvements but to accomplish the whole update he would have to charge at least double. I have 2 young children now and my step son brings his 2 young children also we save money for food and games RIDES by staying at Normans so for all you bargain hunters remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN THIS WORLD. email me if you need to lilyheaven@msn.com thank you Leeann LaVigueur

Room Tip: I did ask if the ac was working before I went to the rom and it was as they said.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Leeann L
Blue Hill, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

First of all I will apologize to Norm because I can see that this place has sucked his soul out of him, I know because I experienced the same feeling while there. My friend and I attempted to stay here on our mini vacation and were scared for our lives the entire night. We arrived around 11pm and the staff said they would leave the room unlocked with the key inside. When we walked in no lights would turn on and when we finally made it to a working lamp from the mid 1800's we wished we hadnt turned it on. The once brown carpet was black and sticky, there were sunflower seeds everywhere (we can only assume animals had previously occupied the room), the air conditioner was broken, and our neighbors were outside getting there kids drunk. I could go on but the memories are too painful. Needless to say we slept in our vehicle and went straight to the office in the morning. I will say even though we reserved the room for two nights Norm refunded our money for the second night and they were very apologetic for the conditions. If your going to stay here bring clorox wipes, your own bedding, and enough alcohol to put you in a coma.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank RoRoyourboat

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is horrible! They have cockroaches and when we told the front desk they tried to tell us it was June bugs, def wasn't June bugs! We left there and wouldn't give our money back for the 3 nights we were suppose to stay there. The place smelled. The bed frame was broke so when you sat on the bed you sunk in. The bathroom is so small you can't even sit on the toilet properly. The sheets had stains on them. The rugs were so dirty! The place should be closed down.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank HLynn116
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I will never go though booking.com when they send u to very nasty places like norman motel I would not recommed to anyone there remotes are glued down dont knoe why all the buttons are missin very terrible place to stay DONT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank steakman203
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

When walking into Normans motel, you instantly think of a horror movie due to the name. The room was musty, looked like it was from the 70's, and the shower still had soap in it from the previous people. The place looked dangerous with the multiple things plugged into one outlet. The bathroom was small and had a attic looking fixture above the shower. I literally thought I was going to be killed inside of the room so I went outside with some family where we saw a rat run underneath the building. I am literally appalled by this place and personally I think it should be shut down. I got no sleep because it was so sketchy, hot, and unsanitary. I would suggest you sleep in your car rather then going here if you don't have a place to stay. Its much better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank CRH666
Canaan, New Hampshire, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place was gross and disgusting. Do not stay here unless u are desperate and then think hard about it. When we got there the place looked ok from outside. We checked in and went to room. The place was awful. Sink would not drain, shade over window was broken. There was dust cobwebs on the wall and when I went to complain there was no one around and no one answering phone. So would not go back ever!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank andrear758
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Orchard Beach
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Old Colonial Motel
Old Colonial Motel
#14 of 43 in Old Orchard Beach
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal In...
#34 of 43 in Old Orchard Beach
#21 of 43 in Old Orchard Beach
Alouette Beach Resort
Alouette Beach Resort
#11 of 43 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Norman's Motel? Share your experiences!