“2nd review and its just as good as ever!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Royal Anchor Resort
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
MASS
“2nd review and its just as good as ever!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned from our 4th year at Royal Anchor Resort. They have done some cosmetic updating and continue to be one of the cleanest and well kept motels we have ever stayed at. The location is perfect and right on beach. Everything is well maintained. I agree with other reviewer's that the bathrooms are TINY and that they are sticklers about parking and charge for any and all extras. However, I think having gone to Old Orchard for over 35 years those cons are minor compared to all the positives of being able to stay in a clean, well kept and great location motel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MTERRY1957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The cleaning staff was fantastic...out of site, and the rooms were very clean...the management is rude and cheap. EVERYTHING costs extra. Guests are charged anywhere between $10-25 to park for the day- at random. Another guest with my group paid $10, I was charged $25, and the second day got a "best I can do" of $15 for 3 hours. They charge extra for paper coffee cups if you use the 2 that come with the room. Each person in the room is an additional charge. This is as close to a resort, as I am to ever going back to this MOTEL. Heated pool is a plus.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with air conditioning if you want it, not all rooms come with it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Steve O
Mbureau, Owner at Royal Anchor Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
In-house guests are provided with one free parking space. Additional parking spaces are available to registered guests at $10 per day. If a guest wishes to prolong his/her stay with us after checkout, guest may pay $15 to use our amenities for the day. The $25 parking fee only applies to people who do not have a room at the Royal Anchor, but do wish to obtain a day pass to use our facility.
Two Keurig coffee pods are provided in each room and replaced daily. More coffee pods are available at an additional charge. Please note that during breakfast hours guests may have an unlimited amount of coffee. We always have and continue to honor our guests' requests.
Swanzey, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent 3 days here, but could easily have stayed much longer. The location is perfect, the beach is not as crowded here, so the kids had plenty of room to play. Hotel is very clean, rooms are nice (beware the bathrooms are tiny) and all the employees we encountered here were extremely friendly. Pool was clean and warm-a definite plus for the kids. The breakfast is very nice, with a good selection of food choices. There is plenty of seating, indoors and out. They also have a lunch time snack shack, so having to leave the beach for lunch is not necessary. Would definitely recommend the Royal Anchor. A bit on the expensive side, but well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank susannh55
Wiscasset, Maine
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This property was beautiful and the location is prime. Right next to the beach but away from the downtown area enough so there isn't so many people. My boyfriend and I went for a quick weekend getaway and we were able to get a room here with a very short notice.

We stayed in room 206. This building is an L shape and our room was located in the corner so we did not have a balcony. I liked the room because it felt very private but it only had one small window. I was okay with that until I noticed it was located next to a hall way and I noticed people could look into my room so we put the shade down the whole time. We also had very dim lighting. Anyway, our room was very clean and the furniture was comfortable. They also offered a Keurig and mini fridge, (don't forget to turn it on). The A/C in this room was really strong too.

This place is very clean, peaceful and a great value. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a balcony. This building is an L shape and rooms in the corner have no...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thetford Mines
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We spent a few days at the Royal Anchor in mid May. Our favourite things: the room was very clean and we had a great view of the ocean and pool-(probably true for every room). We also really liked the vast quantity of tables and chairs available around the pool area and in front of the ocean. Balconies are private and furnished with 2 comfortable lounge chairs and a table. The owner makes a point of updating and up keeping the establishment on a regular basis.
There was a full bath but it was on the very small side. The room décor was quaint and welcoming. Nice flat screen tv with more than enough channels. The Wi-Fi worked well. It was even better on our balcony. We had a mini fridge and a Keurigg Coffee Maker. There was no micro-wave or any other kitchen appliance-but we did not miss them. You have 1 reserved parking spot-convenient! They also have a nice, heated pool
Breakfast was basic but free; toast, bagels, one or two pastries to chose from, a couple of fruits to choose from as well. They also served diced cheese and one morning there were hard-boiled eggs. Breakfast was from 7:30-9:30 and you could take the food up to your room or to one of the many tables outdoors. It was more than fine.
The staff was friendly and welcoming. It is not walking distance to the pier unless you feel like going for a long walk but the beach area is very nice. It was peaceful and great for walking. They also rent loungers that you can take the beach for the day.
The room might be a bit tight for 4 people but the cleanliness and amenities will make up for it.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have better views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Quebec City
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have been at this motel in May (off season) with the family. The room was clean. An effort has been made to be ready for the summer. It's a nice place considering you are at Old Orchard Beach.... Of course, like other motel on the beach, it's way too expensive during the summer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank QcAlber
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hi! My name is Nathalie Lebeau, from Québec, Canada. when the Royal Anchor opened , I was 6 years old, all my chilhood we were staying there for two weeks...because that was the best place to stay!!!!And when I got married, I went to the Royal Anchor with my husband, Jean-Pierre Guertin,he immediately falled in love with "The Royal Anchor Resort", the beautifull rooms, the beach, the ocean, the pool, the Bureau family that are so nice...Than our daughter, Emmanuelle, came with us, she was almost one year old...and went to the Royal Anchor all her childhood, and when she was a teenager, like us, she was completely in love with the place, than we took her fiancé, Thierry, with us...For me, it`s 46 years of being with the Bureau family...and I`m very..critical...but there, everything is so perfect!!!!A year without the Royal Anchor, would be a sad year...it won`t ever happen...Nathalie Lebeau and the Lebeau-Guertin Family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!!But when my husband and I were able to pay for only 3 nights, there is 2...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family